What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seed

huy716,
I placed them on top of the soil mix and kept damp with a dome over the top that is not on tight so some air can pass into the pot, in a bright area in the house.

CNCreefer,
I've read 8 weeks or so. I think mine are around 7 weeks till they germinated.

Hey all....The name of the game with Nep seeds is patience. Just forget they're even there for a while. They can sometimes take several months to germinate, so don't hold your breath!

Two seeds germinate so far

Glad you guys are having success....I've had none and its my seed!

I take it all seeds are claimed? TIA

Hey,
Any idea when you might be harvesting more seeds? Or should just shut up and have some patience and not be so pushy....

~jeff

No new crosses yet. My N. maxima x N. hamata contained very few viable seeds so its limited to me only, sadly. I will try again ASAP.

Ya keep us updated. Nep seeds seem to be hard to come by
smile.gif

Ok I lied, I just looked today and I do also have germination!
smile.gif

I sowed mine 5-03-05. It is now 9-10-05-05, and, nothing. I really don't think they are going to germinate.

I have been ignoring mine and have about 10 little Neps. A few of them have already formed their first pitcher.

ive been ignoring mine and nothing. suppose i just have good luck with your seed Steve?

I also have naught.
smile_h_32.gif
Oh well. I'll try again next time.

I mailed my seed out the second after I cut it off the plant. I got SASEs before the harvest as I wanted to make sure the seed was as fresh as possible. Many people actually planted my seeds before I found time to plant them myself, (actually I'm just a lazy procrastinater). I also wonder if species seed germinate more readily than hybrids, especially man-made hybrids. There is a reason species in the wild predominate over most hybrids. Perhaps this is one of them.

Ahhh, you're killing me! I didn't get germination from these seeds. I got plenty from srduggins ventricosa seeds, but this time, nothing. GAAA!

Hey, if anyone has a seedling of the hamata X xRokko plants, I'll trade them a big nep for one!

Capslock

So far I got two little N. hamata X xRokko.
Thanks again for the seeds!

Nothing yet from these guys :/ heh but thats part of the fun I guess you win some lose some;P Steve the seeds i got from you most germinated and are all doing great!

-Jc

I am so lucky, and now I have 7 seedlings. ThX Dustin

Glad to hear of everyones mainly successes! I have about a dozen of the little guys.

Back