What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seed

yea sry, my parents ran out of stamps and neglected, even tho i asked almost all week, to buy more until today so i will mail you a sase tomorrow. sorry for the delay.
smile_h_32.gif

I received my seeds on Sat. and have them planted. I'm really hoping some germinate to see what the cross will look like in a few years, especially since my favorite is a N. hamata.
So thank you nepenthes gracilis for your generosity.
Steve

I hope my seed gets here tomorrow, I cannot wait!
I have my flat all ready, the chilean sphagnum is crushed and waiting. How deep should the moss be?
Should I use a germination lid as I do not have a greenhouse to maintain the humidity, and although it is usually around 85% humidity here in s. Louisiana, the wind has been ripping thru here this spring keeping the humidity down and presenting a potential problem with fly away seed! It would be way too dry inside without the lid as well.

Hi folks, I just recieved another SASE from huy today. Still3 more I'm waiting for.

CP30, the wind is an issue! lol Uh humidity, if its 85% RH...your house shouldn't be too much lower, as long as you are not using heat, which dries out the air. You could put a seed dome on it, but I don't really think its necessary, they promote fungal growth, unless they have some little vents or holes in them.

Seeds came today, I am very excited. I will post pics...in a couple of years!

Thanks again for your generosity Dustin!

that is a good news that my SASE came cuz i sent it a wk ago. Thnx Dustin

got my seed today, cant wait till i get little nep seedlings, great news! I was able tpo get bottom heat after all, do they like light? shouldn't it take around 5 years to get 3-4" because I had a 3-4" Inermis seedling from tony and it took off! already has a vine after around 5 months

Still waiting for 2 more SASEs.....if they don't come by the end of the week, I will have another giveaway.

Got my seed today! Thanks, Dustin.

Dustin, thank you for the seeds. I just recieved them today.

Hi can I reserve one packet if people do not reply with SASE, by the end of the week???

Waiting for 1 more SASE, so might not need to reserve any.

Thanks a bunch, I got my seed yesterday and just got them planted, I will let you know how they do.

thanks again
-Jeremiah-

its probaly mine thats late sorry i mailed it this past monday because my parents had just gotten stamps on saturday it should be there soon.

thanks

Nope, yours is here, still waiting for some people.

I got my seeds today!! Thanks, Dustin!!
Also, is bottom heat necessary and if so, what's the min temp that I should put?

the seed arrived in good condition, thx again,Dustin:laugh:

Hey guys

Brandon, your's already has came and been sent out.

Pirahna, around 70F would be ideal.

Just got another envelope today! Yay! Now time to pack more seeds and see how many more I can give away.

Ehehehe remember my reserve!!!

Back