What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duckweed, water lettuce, water hyacinth?

I know this is probably a pretty silly question, but does anyone happen to have any of these laying about?

duckweed, water lettuce, water hyacinth, etc...those types of aquatics...smaller would be better.

Edit: Actually just duckweed I guess...the other ones would get way too large for the tank i need it for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 14 2005,12:05)]Talk about invasive.
Invasive but seems to be high in protein. I ended up with a red eared slider so i figured i'd keep some duckweed growing in his tank in case he gets hungry when i'm not around.

Ahh okay. But check out with your Dep. Agr. IF you live in Florida or some other states it is highly illegal to own any of those (at least the water lettuce or hyacinth).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 14 2005,12:10)]Ahh okay. But check out with your Dep. Agr.  IF you live in Florida or some other states it is highly illegal to own any of those (at least the water lettuce or hyacinth).
I tried looking for some info, all i saw so far is that it's endangered in NY, nothing on the site really marked it as invasive.

Just looking for duckweed though.

If you send the money for shipping I can send you Pistia stratiotes (Water lettuce) and Salvinia molesta.
I hate duck weed because of it's small size. The Salvinia molesta is a very nice size, maybe around the size of a dime or nickle.

I have lots of duckweed. Actually anyone who has duckweed has lots of duckweed.

LOL agreed with endparenthesis.

I've got duckweed in my tanks. I agree that it is a pain. I'd like to get some Salvinia for the reasons Elgecko stated.

Back