What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera capensis red form.

Hi,
Looking for a Drosera capensis red form plant. Have cp's to trade.

Thank you.
smilie4.gif

Firerock, I have a D. capensis red form pant for you. If you are interested, I would be more than happy to send it to you early next week. Just pm me with your full name and mailing address. No need to offer an exchange and no need to offer money for postage. You might want to consider posting your grow list over in the grow list forum though.

Hi,
Thank you very much, After Pm you my name and address, no plant was ever received.  
smile_h_32.gif

Hmmm, I posted that on June 7th and today is the 17th. I acknowledge all PMs so I don't believe I received one from you. I know fellow Terra members claim to lose PMs quite frequently here but to the best of my knowledge, I have not lost one yet.

Regardless, I am in northeastern Illinois. If you check the weather reports, you will find an incredible amount of 80F+ and 90F+ days in my area. In good conscience, I would never have put a plant in a box and sent it out to you anyway as it would end up with its little plant brains fried out in transit by the time you received it.

We did get a break in our weather just a few days ago but... I was a tad sick on Monday (was in the ER) and I then broke one of my ribs (back to a doctor again) so I'm not going anywhere fast but to the couch and back to the computer for a while as breathing is difficult and I dare not sneeze or cough or blow my nose or laugh lest I break another one.

Regarding this
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thank you very much, After Pm you my name and address, no plant was ever received.

I've got plants out there that I bought and paid for months ago that I still haven't received. What I chose to do was contact the individual privately to find out what was up.  You did not extend this common courtesy to me or you would have been told that I did not have a PM from you.

At this point, perhaps it is best that someone else share a D. capensis red form with you because to be quite blunt... with my luck the Postal truck would roll over the box I would send the plant to you in and I'd see it posted in this thread as opposed to you contacting me privately to ask for a replacement.

Best wishes to you

Hi,
The message you sent had your e mail address on it that is what i used to send you the info. This is a nice way of backing out.To give somthing then take it away is not fair.Traders beware!!!

Regards

Yes, I probably did send you a message with my personal e-mail address when I did not hear from you which is exactly what I did with NJnewbie. He got back to me and explained that he had not been on line. I have just checked my bulk account to see if any e-mails were hung up in there and I find nothing other than actual junk mail.

This would not have been a trade firerock. I am sorry you feel the way you do. Have a nice weekend.

Firerock, I'm sorry to say that if I were in the position of Laura I might do the same thing in this position. Chuck it up as a lesson learned to PM someone about something before putting it out in open forum (which is what we mods recomend....). Keep your feelers out there. Eventually this plant will be available for you. Keep it civil.
smile.gif

Take care!
Andrew

Anyone else slightly botherd by the fact that the person who was supposed to recieve the plant has the audacity to get peeved because the plant they were getting for FREE is not there when they want it to be?

Pyro, I'm with you...Firerock needs some water to cool off.
confused.gif

Thanks all but it is actually me who needed some water to cool off. Two wrongs don't make a right and I should have contacted firerock back privately when I read what he typed. Classless on my behalf as I've been somewhat frustrated with members begging for plants lately and firerock got the blunt of it. I was not feeling all that well (my husband refers to it as typing while impaired) and was embarrassed when I saw what he had typed about "Traders beware!!!" and took it personally and didn't realize firerock has all of 9 posts here at Terra. He probably didn't know the acceptable procedure to voice displeasure as well as disappointments.

For this I apologize to firerock.

Other than that, my husband took 6 boxes of gift plants I was packing for others to the PO for me yesterday and they all went out. Probably not the best timing as I just saw the hi temps for today are going to be in the low 80's and those boxes were going to both the east coast and the west coast. Ugh, this is NOT a good time of year to be mailing anything other than seed anywhere even if one uses USPS Priority.  Best to wait until fall right about now as any box that sits out on somebody's stoop in sun is going to contain nothing but mush right about now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ June 21 2005,10:40)]Thanks all but it is actually me who needed some water to cool off. Two wrongs don't make a right and I should have contacted firerock back privately when I read what he typed. Classless on my behalf as I've been somewhat frustrated with members begging for plants lately and firerock got the blunt of it. I was not feeling all that well (my husband refers to it as typing while impaired) and was embarrassed when I saw what he had typed about "Traders beware!!!" and took it personally and didn't realize firerock has all of 9 posts here at Terra. He probably didn't know the acceptable procedure to voice displeasure as well as disappointments.

For this I apologize to firerock.
Laura, for Firerock's "traders beware" comment WRT a gift you were going to give him, I feel you were ENTIRELY within your rights to bend him over a stump and flog him publically.

Very poor form of Firerock... I can only hope his actual age is the same as his apparent emotional age.

My advice to Firerock would be to learn some manners, and perhaps start with a clean slate by signing up under a new name.

I have to agree!! I have a saying when I'm getting something for free. Beggers can't be choosers. Not saying when you get something for free your begging, but the same principal applies. You can't be picky when it comes to getting something for free. Should be thankful someone cares enough to GIVE a plant away.

Back