Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want cps

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Thanks Tony! So now that we have these nice, neat categories, which plants, as Pramod suggests, are free to ship, without encumbrances? I also realize that each country has its own import stipulations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so plants/seeds that won't cause problems with CITES and require one of these documents:

SEEDS: Usually without difficulty, including CITES II plants. Some countries still require a phytosanitary certificate though even for seeds.

PLANTS: CPS OTHER than Nepenthes, Sarracenia or Dionaea.

For plants and seeds though you would still need to know if the originating country and the destination country required any documents/certificates OTHER than CITES.. ie import/export permit, phytosanitary etc.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps this will help answer everyone's questions-
    http://www.indconjoburg.co.za/articl...?lng=en&pg=992
    And here's where anyone interested can get a permit to ship plants of any type to him-
    http://www.plantquarantineindia.org/...Schedule-X.htm

It would appear fines can be "substantial".

Tissue cultured plants appear to be exempt however it appears one must still procure the appropriate certification that the plants were produced from virus free mother stock.

Mr. Agrawal may very well be an absolutely wonderful man however I don't believe it is in any of our best interests to ship any plants or plant part thereof including seed or germplasm without dotting every i and crossing every t.

There are nurseries out there capable of providing Phytosanitary Certificates. Unfortunately, they are expensive but it would appear there to exist a reason why shipping plants to India is not exactly cost effective... procuration of requisite compliance documentation should same be deemed necessary. Shipping CPs, or any other plant material, to India is not exactly something I would feel comfortable doing however there are those who may not share my concerns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I (think) I read where a CITES permit is required for a plant of two Appendix I species that are crossed.

Example: Sarracenia oreophila x Sarracenia alabamensis.

The resulting plants/seeds require permits.

If one wants a discourse on the "merits, or lack thereof", of the CITES regulations - contact Dr. Guido Braem. LOL.

He is the subject of several chapters in the book, "Orchid Fever" by Eric Hansen.

It would be a great read for our European CP enthusiasts. Whole collections of orchids being confiscated by the plant police. Just because they do not have import permits.

It would be interesting to see if the proper paperwork could be furnished for all those Sarracenia...with the location data from: State Parks, private lands, National Forrests, the Okefenokee, and all the other explicitly labeled locations.

Why is it that these Europeans have more extensive collections, with location data, than anyone that I have seen here in the U.S.?

Tweek
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can have all my Taraxacum officinale stock.

--Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Mike... I've been working outside on and off almost all day and I just finished eating. Don't make me start laughing or my food might come up or something. Taraxacum officinale... ha ha ha. I was thinking more along the lines of photographs or silk flowers so that none of us get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Why is it that these Europeans have more extensive collections, with location data, than anyone that I have seen here in the U.S.?
    Good question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a very healthy supply of Digitaria sanguinalis he can have.

--Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll raise you on the Digitaria sanguinalis and toss Rhamnus frangula, Coronilla varia, Alliaria officinalis, Euonymus alatus, and all Pyrus calleryana pear.

There OhioMike! Compete with that!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast