What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well my name is Brian. I just got a copy of "the savage garden" and i have to say im very interested in CP's. I've had exp. with terrariums and other potted plants (orchids,lilys,etc). Right now I only have a 1gal. cookie jar terrarium I made with an asparagus fern, african violet, and kyoto moss as ground cover. Its been growing nicely for 2 yrs with minute triming on occasion.

I am wondering if anyone has anything they could pass along to get me started. Im most interested in Drosera, Pinguicula, and Utricularia. I live in an apt. so my guess is Sarracenia is pretty much out of the question. I do have a large 5 gal pot
but the only sun my patio gets is morning till noon.

For growing conditions I was thinking outside but I also have a 5 gal fish tank (betta finally kicked the bucket after 3 yrs) 65w florex and 2 or 3 2' floros. So if I nd to set something up I can. I keep the temps low in the house all year around 68 or 70f and I have a small water way 2ft off my balcony so I think the humidity will be a little higher around my patio. If anyone needs more info feel free to ask.

Im sry I dont have anything to trade yet. And my cash flow is very low cause im looking for a new job. I can handle sase and minor shipping charges $5 or less. Thx for reading if anyone can help out I would appericate the effort.
I hope to become a productive member here.
Thanks again
Brian

my god a newbie who is interested in Utrics over Neps...........come on guys we need to keep this one. ive got tons of D. capensis seedlings both the normal and albino form. i prolly several have odds in ends in the Utric and Drosera department. im leaving town on Thursday morning and am quite busy until then but pm me your ddy and ill get back to you with an exact list of what i have next week.

I got most of my Utrics from rattler here, so I don't have much to offer at the moment. You should think about membership in the ICPS; they have an extensive seed bank for members, and I'm pretty sure proceeds go towards preservation, which is always good. I'm sure you'll find some generous members to help you out too. Welcome, and best luck!
~Joe

Welcome to the forums! Utrics rock! Especially when they flower.

thx for the fast replies i didnt expect it.
rattler: Thx man Im sending a pm right after this.
seedjar: I've been looking at ICPS site.Once I get back on my feet ill look into joining up. It looks like a win win win kind of deal. preservation/information/seed bank to boot.
Jimscott: thx man I hope to have some flowering too

Thx again for the replies
Its nice to see this site has people on top of things

on top of things? i wouldnt go that far but we are a good bunch of ppl
smile_n_32.gif

Hey rattler man, yog soth please, please, please.

Fudog, I will be offering soon

Drosera
nidiformis red
capensis
filiformis all red
intermedia Avlon Florida
rotundifolia
intermedia unknown

Ping
agnata True blue.

just watch this forum.  I am just waiting on a few of the seedlings to gain some more size.

I don't have anything right now,but welcome to the forum
laugh.gif
*Niki*(Trapper7)
cool.gif

Trapper: thx for the welcome
Copper ill be watchin thx for the heads up

Hello and welcome Fudog.
smile.gif
Check out all the other forums and you'll learn lots and make great friends.

Looks like everybody else has you covered.
cool.gif

Thx to everyone.
And specially BobZ the man with the plan:D

Back