Thread: Sarracenia rubra jonesii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has changed now.

"The donations are not required." - ICPS website

Tweek
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm but I beleve it still is suggested. Especially if you email your order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually im taken care of with regards to the plants. thanks everyone.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to mention, I highly doubt sending an endangered sarracenia in a box through regular mail will get you arrested. I mean, nobody's going to check, and if they do, they probably wont really identify it as one of the endangered sarracenia. It just seems highly unlikely to have any negative reprocussions (spelling?), but I'm certainly not sugdesting that someone do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (tweek @ June 09 2005,2:53)]That has changed now.

"The donations are not required." - ICPS website

Tweek
    They were never "required", but suggested.

And I know they are HIGHLY appreciated.

It takes more work to do the documentation for CITES-protected species. So please, make the minimum recommended donation. They do good work.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so some people are aware, I would appreciate this plant as well, none of my seeds germinated, and the original poster has already said he is satisfied
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (lol @ June 09 2005,8:20)]Just to mention, I highly doubt sending an endangered sarracenia in a box through regular mail will get you arrested. I mean, nobody's going to check, and if they do, they probably wont really identify it as one of the endangered sarracenia. It just seems highly unlikely to have any negative reprocussions (spelling?), but I'm certainly not sugdesting that someone do that.
    Provided you follow the rules.

Basically (and somebody more knowledgeable, please correct me if I'm wrong):

* You cannot transport CITES Appendix I (Hereafter referred to as CITES-I) protected plants across national borders without proper documentation. If in doubt, don't do it.

* You cannot offer CITES-I for trade, either for barter or cash remuneration. This includes asking for payment of postage.

* If you offer CITES-I species as a gift (the only legal way most of us are concerned about), you should make sure you have all proper documentation, and send the recipient a photocopy of it.

I would suggest, in the strongest way, that you not try to skirt these laws. It would be a real shame to lose this forum due to such activity, and to subject our hobby to ADDITIONAL regulation and/or scrutiny.

If you're not sure if what you want to do is legal, don't do it; ask somebody here, and make sure the person answering actually has the credentials to know what the heck they're talking about.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ June 11 2005,11:04)]Just so some people are aware, I would appreciate this plant as well, none of my seeds germinated, and the original poster has already said he is satisfied
    I just checked the ICPS seedbank webpage; they list, as of 11 June 2005, 100 available packets of S. rubra ssp. jonesii seeds.

If you're not already an ICPS member, you should become one; the ICPS quarterly newsletter alone is well worth the $25 membership fee, and you gain access to their seed bank. The seeds are very cheap -- $1 per packet, and $3 S&H per order. They also ask for an additional donation of (IIRC) $5 per packet of CITES-I seeds.

The ICPS seedbank is how I obtained my S. oreophila and S. rubra ssp. alabamensis seeds.
    My Grow List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast