What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis liniflora seed for sase

Should be high 30's somewhere I didnt want to count but count me in for a pack. Thanks Jeremiah

Count me in too, please. Thanks for the giveaway, Jeremiah!

-D. Lybrand

when might they be sent out? did you get my SASE?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 23 2005,1:09)]when might they be sent out? did you get my SASE?
He said he was going to be gone for a week and a half. He prob didn't get home yet, patience
smile_m_32.gif

oooh my bad. i didn't remember reading that
smile.gif

Hey guys just got back, all the SASE I have will go out later today.

-Jeremiah-

Thanks Jeremiah!
I think I speak for everyone when I say that we really appreciate it.

Woo Hoo! Thanks Jeremiah! I can't wait. I just devised a devious germination technique....I dunno why it's devious....it just is...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ June 24 2005,3:56)]Woo Hoo! Thanks Jeremiah! I can't wait. I just devised a devious germination technique....I dunno why it's devious....it just is...
Care to share?

Sure I'll share.

I'm going to put the seeds in the basic mix of sand a peat, maybe some LFS as well. In a 1-quart plastic pot. Then I'm going to cut a little bit of the exosperm (shell) off of each one and sow them on the medium. Then I'm going to put plastic wrap on top of the pot and sit my florescent light directly on top of the pot so as to get the brightest light I possible can. This will also generate a good amount of heat to keep the seeds warm and humid. I think I'm going to poke a few pinholes in the plastic wrap for fresh air. If the heat of the florescent light isn't enough then I'm going to put one of those heating pads wrapped around the pot and set to low. Then after they germinate I'm going to take off the plastic wrap and put the light up higher so they have room to grow. I don't plan on ever putting it outside because it would be too hot. This is the best plan I've got so I hope it works.
Constructive criticism is welcomed!

exosperm??? I don't think that's a real scientific term. The real scientific term for the shell would be the seed coat or something.

ok I don't think the count has gotten to 45 yet. I think it may have gotten to 39 or 40. If it hasn't gotten to 45 yet could you let me know. If it hasn't I would be interested in trying some too. If I'm under the cap I will send out SASE. TIA

The next number is 39, just to let people know.

Woo hoo then I guess that means I made it in under the cap. Should I wait for a confirm Jeremiah or should I just send the SASE? Thanks?

Hello guys

Oh you are fine I have enough more seeds now I could send out another 45 pack and will have much more to come I just did not want to give away more then I had.

So we can just keep this running until I say otherwise. It would still be great if you could post here so I know about how many more are coming.

Also make sure to say it is for the Byblis seeds in the sase because I will have more seed giveaways soon and I would not want to mix them up.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

BTW So far I think I have sent out 27 packs of seeds with 3 more to go out on Monday.

oooohhhh more seeds!!!  I will have to keep a look out.  Thanks for the heads up Jeremiah.  Everyone is so generous here with seeds its a welcome sight.  Thank you so much for your generosity!!!  I hope to be able to post seed offerings myself once my collections gets going.  Sitting at around 10 or 11 CP's now and most are young.  My real collections is Orchids sitting around 80 of those I would assume.  Thanks agian and SASE will be sent out Monday. I definately would be interested in Nepenthas seeds if and when those come available I have 2 of those. One has pitchers and the others is getting ready to get some. Although I would need ones that can be grown outside here in GA and brought into GH for winter. Any suggestions?

I got your seeds today and sowed them in a pot. They're outside now
smile.gif
. Anyone know the germination period for B. Liniflora? Thanks again Jeremiah.

I got the seeds today. Sowed half of them in a big pot and the other half is going in individual pots.

Thanks Jeremiah.

got em today. thanks!

Received them today.
Thanks,
dewy

Back