What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first mass giveaway....

That sounds GREAT Jeremiah. Thank you very much for the offer. What else have you got cooking in your grow area?
smile_m_32.gif
he he he

Hello Jeremiah I sent you a PM, and about to send another. I don't want to hijack this thread more than I already have.
blues.gif

Jeremiah, I updated your growlist for you.
Thanks for not hijacking my thread anymore... ;)
smile_n_32.gif

Andrew

smile_m_32.gif
LOL Your welcome. May I suggest an update of what is left for the other folks? Just an idea so they don't see jeremiah and I's conversation and think they are all gone.

Eh, I guess I could.
smile_n_32.gif

7 packs of D. capensis left....

I am interested in trying the seeds. Where can I find information on getting them to germinate and grow for me? This group of plants is very new to me.

Hi CockatielMother

Welcome to the forums.
smile.gif

Check out the forum here that is dedicated to growing Drosera. If you do a search, you will find lots of info on the plants and seeds. And you can also post a question there specific to germinating seeds.

Here's the method I used:

I prepared a 4 inch pot, filled the bottom with a little long fiber sphagnum (to prevent the soil from draining out) then filled it to the top with 50/50 mix of pete/perlite. Then ripped up a thin layer of long fiber sphagnum (just enough to cover the surface). I made sure the media was moist then tried to spread the seeds the best I could amongst the top. I then misted over the pot (not directly, but across), placed the pot in a water tray with an inch or so of water. I have it sitting outside with the rest of my plants, in a spot where it gets good morning sun and partial sun for the rest of the day.

Got the seeds, thanks Andy!

Recieved my seeds today. Thanks!
~Joe

Received the seeds. Thanks again, Andrew.
smile.gif

I'm just wondering if ANYONE had any success with these seeds... I havn't herd from a single person.
confused.gif
I know they are not very rare or anything... But i'm still curious to know!
Andrew

I thought I didn't, but then I did. Two little guys popped up a few weeks ago, amidst the P. lusitanica that I put in that container after I gave up on the burmannii. Hopefully they'll go to seed and I can have more!
Thanks again,
~Joe

I have one D.capensis sprouted, but I think it was from another offer. I recently got burmannii from another giveaway thread, and I sowed them about a wek or so ago.

Back