What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum seeds up for grabs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ July 15 2005,7:15)]Got mine in the mail yesterday. Thanks alot!
Yeah, what he said!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ June 28 2005,4:28)]As soon as you see germination remove them from the vermiculite and plant them in a 5 to 6 inch terracotta pot....
What do you mean "plant"? Acutally place in a hole, or place on the surface like usual for CPs?
Thanks

Does anyone know the concentration of GA3 to be used with drosophyllum?

i rubbed the seed coat off of mine then soaked in warm water for 24 hours.

750 ppm would be good.

Got mine a couple days ago. Thanks again for the seed!

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had any germination with the seeds they got?

-Jeremiah-

No sir, I've had zero luck.
smile_h_32.gif

Mine had no luck as well. I rubbed the black coating off with sand paper, and let the seeds soak in warm distilled water for 24hrs. Then I placed in a pot. As I look at the pot right now, the seeds look like big water drops... I hope that's good
confused.gif

One of mine germinated about two weeks ago.  It is now putting out its second set of leaves.  Thanks alot for the seeds!
-Nick
EDIT: Here's a picture
Picture39.jpg

I tried germinating half of them and saved the others for later. None have sprouted yet, but I am still hopeful as the endosperm is still white and the seed have not rotted.

Oh man thats awsome!! That little baby is pretty darn cool!!
I'd love to try some from seed one day!!

Hey,
let me guess.... sand, vermiculite, perlite, and peat?

If im right, is this superior to the mixture im using now (2 parts sand, 2 parts peat, 1 part perlite)?

I sowed the seed in pure vermiculite. I had the pot sitting in about 1" of water. After it germinated I switched it to a clay pot with a mix of equal parts of sand, perlite, and vermiculite with a 1/2 part peat. It looks happy.

will try and get sase in tomorow if can thx

buddha646- this offer was over quite a while ago, the replys now are reporting success and failure of the seeds. So, no reason to send a SASE at this point.

Back