Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drosera adelae plants for postage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was online this morning and thought I'd stop by the boards. I saw that someone recieved your plant today and looked at their profile. PA, wait I live in Ohio I know I'm closer. So, I called my boyfriend up and asked about it and they did come! Oh I love them. Thanks so much. And for the extra stuff =)

I am in love with the Dichotoma you sent me. I should cut it up? I already potted it in (peat/s.moss/sand) and set under lighting. Should I put the top in a glass of water also? And should I keep this indoors under my lighting? (Zone 5).

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (tink @ July 25 2005,8:55)]I am in love with the Dichotoma you sent me. I should cut it up? I already potted it in (peat/s.moss/sand) and set under lighting. Should I put the top in a glass of water also? And should I keep this indoors under my lighting? (Zone 5).
    No matter how you try and start them I would chop them up into pieces. This plant is easiest for me when I start it in water, which is why I recommend that. My plant was started from a hunk of leaf placed on LFS so go figure what works "best" lol.

Yes, bring your D. dichotoma inside when the snows come. Pop it in a windowsill and it will be fine. It doesnt go "dormant" for me, but it does definately slow its growth. In the summer put it outside and keep it watered.. thats about all the care it needs..

Good luck
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My package came today THANKS STEVE!!!!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve you were too kind with the package sent. The seed packets alone were great. The D. capensis seed packs were HUGE, and along with the other plants and even extra roots to the adelea. Thank you so much. I am forwarding some of the D. capensis seeds to my mother who is starting to dable in cp's as well. She is an orchid grower too. Thanks again Steve!!!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adelae likes shade? Got it! *runs outside* This heat is TERRIBLE! It's..... 91 degrees out there!!!! That's really weird for Pennsylvania! *gets some scissors* I'll also chop up the dichotoma. Thanks again!

-(Edit)-

The dichotoma cutting is a dark green color instead of the bright green color that it was when I recieved it, do you think it will still be ok and grow plantlets?
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is still light green. But the dew it's getting is dark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123