Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Native pings needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking for ping. caerulea and pumila plants to round out a collection of SE native pings for a display at the Southeastern Flower show and hopefully win the much coveted Species Trophy. I have Sarracenias for trade, leucos, purps, psitts and, flavas.

Thanks SO
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow P. pumila. I would offer to send a few plants but my experience has been that they do not transplant well. Of course that may just be me. I will have seed soon. It takes a few weeks but I have much better success with starting seed than moving plants. Would you like some seed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPhog,
    That is most kind and I understand about transplant shock so seeds will be fine. I also understand the pumlia is not long lived. What can I offer you in return?

SO
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have seed from something, that would be nice. My collection is not too diverse yet so almost anything is appreciated. I need to post a growlist. If no seed at this time, it is no biggy.

The newest plants just started flowering a couple of days ago. I have been pollinating them as best I can according to the directions I have read. So hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have fresh seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPHog,
    I have plants to trade unless you want seed. Let me know when you seeds are ready.

SO
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brooks, I have two of the smallest P. caerulea seedlings. You'd need a magnifying glass to see them though. I suspect others may germinate in the future. I will try to go and take a photo for you. They are yours if you think they can withstand being shipped right now. I personally, don't think any plant should be shipped right now but I could over night them to you and maybe that would save them. I dunno know. Let me take a photo and you see what you think. They are about the size of a pin head but they are definitely P. caerulea.

edited to add photo-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. I will let you know as soon as the P. pumila seed is ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump,

hey... he could really use a few mature pings for his display above as well as for an educational exhibit. Does anyone have these in a size larger than what I have? People visiting his exhibits would have to be handed magnifying glasses if he used what I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast