What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric. humboldtii seed for trade

I have fresh, just harvested, Utric. humboldtii seed available. I am looking specifically for any species of Roridula seed. Please, no other offers.

Thanks

Phil

Ooh, me me me !
smile_n_32.gif
Sorry bout that. I don't have a rodridula, but I can trade for other things. All I want is one seed, as this species is really easy to sow. You should also put the seeds in water IMMIDIATELY! or they will dry out. Let me know, as I really want one.

Oops
smile_h_32.gif

I swear that is by far the stickiest plant in the whole entire world of CPs!

https://secured.com/~f1138/sessionCarten.asp

I have had good luck with these people although they take about 8-10 weeks to ship. They are located in France however their seed would come to you direct from the person who is harvesting it which I am relatively sure is a grower in South Africa. It's been my experience that their seed is fresh also in that their germination rate is considerably higher than from other sources. So far, no mislabeled seed such as what I have had to deal with when I order from Parks or Thompson & Morgan. The man is responsive and professional. He has R. gorgonias right now but I have run across R. dentata in the past.

Also too, the man might be open to a trade with you. He seems extremely personable. No harm in asking although I never have but then again, I've never had anything he might want and you might. All he can say is no.

I've queryed about them in the past and got back bad reports. If I recall correctly they have a huge seed list!!!

I may have to give them a try.

Glenn

Most of B & T's CP seeds come from Allen Lowrie and sold at a large mark up. I'd be fairly sure that the Roridula would be sourced from Silverhill Seeds in RSA which regularly have Roridula seed for sale- and very fresh. Not sure this is the right time of the year for them though as they are wild collected (with permits) and don't flower until the southern hemisphere spring.

I have some Roridula gorgonias seed available if you are interested.

Thank you for your offer Sean, but I do not have the proper parperwork or permits to import seed to the US. I must restrict this offer to US patrons only.

All seed has been spoken for.

Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Aug. 02 2005,3:51)]I swear that is by far the stickiest plant in the whole entire world of CPs!

https://secured.com/~f1138/sessionCarten.asp

I have had good luck with these people although they take about 8-10 weeks to ship. They are located in France however their seed would come to you direct from the person who is harvesting it which I am relatively sure is a grower in South Africa. It's been my experience that their seed is fresh also in that their germination rate is considerably higher than from other sources. So far, no mislabeled seed such as what I have had to deal with when I order from Parks or Thompson & Morgan. The man is responsive and professional. He has R. gorgonias right now but I have run across R. dentata in the past.

Also too, the man might be open to a trade with you. He seems extremely personable. No harm in asking although I never have but then again, I've never had anything he might want and you might. All he can say is no.
Any import issues we should know about if we wish to import seed from them?

I've ordered a sum total of 3x from them and I would order again.  The seeds don't come from France in that I believe this man is sort of a seed broker as suggested by Seandew. Seandew was correct again, the roridula did come from SilverHill.  Although it was shipped to me from a location within the US, it had their paperwork with it. I suspect the paperwork is why the prices are high. Everything seemed to be in order to me. One thing... if you go to the home page of that seed site, you can contact them direct and ask any questions you may have. They always took the time to respond to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seandew @ Aug. 02 2005,9:05)]Most of B & T's CP seeds come from Allen Lowrie and sold at a large mark up. I'd be fairly sure that the Roridula would be sourced from Silverhill Seeds in RSA which regularly have Roridula seed for sale- and very fresh. Not sure this is the right time of the year for them though as they are wild collected (with permits) and don't flower until the southern hemisphere spring.

I have some Roridula gorgonias seed available if you are interested.
I have interesting, is it possible to give me some.
Anyway, thanks.

Back