What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brocchinia & Catopsis?

<span style='color:teal'>Hello!  
smile.gif

I recently bought a Brocchinia reducta. It is a small plant, you can see it bellow:
BROCHINIAREDUCTA.jpg

I would like to hear some advices for those who cultivate this plant. I think it is a really beautiful plant and i want to do correctly the work with my new plant.

I would also like to ask if any of you also cultivate Catopsis berteroniana? I haven't see many pictures of this plant and i would like to see if any of you have pics to share.

The thing is that i heard a botanist in the University of PR saying that Catopsis are found in the wild in PR, including the semi-carnivorous one. So i would like to see pics in order to know if, of the thousand bromeliads i see everyday here, maybe i have seen some Catopsis.

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I would like to hear some advices for those who cultivate this plant.

My b.reducta is growing in a 2:1:1 perlite:peat:silica sand mix that's constantly moist (not standing in water) 5" under 80W cool fluorescent lights (15h photoperiod), with 60-70% humidity. I keep the cup filled with water, and fertilize once per four waterings with 1/2 strength soluable orchid fertilizer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I would also like to ask if any of you also cultivate Catopsis berteroniana? I haven't see many pictures of this plant and i would like to see if any of you have pics to share.

Catopsis grows naturally as an epiphyte. However, mine is growing in 2:1:1 perlite:eek:rchid bark:peat left to dry slightly between waterings. Other conditions are the same as for b.reducta. I'll post a pic of my juvenile catopsis for you tonight or tomorrow.

<span style='color:teal'>Hello!  
smile.gif

Thank you for the reply and for the info  
smile.gif
I really appreaciate it!

I will be very grateful if you can take the pic and post it here. It will be of a great help  
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks once again!</span>

Hi.
I grow brocchinia also and I grow my brocchinia in 3 part of Peat moss and 1 part perlite. I water it once or twice a week and give it direct mourning sunlight (3-4 hours). Hope this helped
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (little Nices @ Mar. 08 2006,6:01)]Hi.
I grow brocchinia also and I grow my brocchinia in 3 part of Peat moss and 1 part perlite. I water it once or twice a week and give it direct mourning sunlight (3-4 hours). Hope this helped
smile.gif
<span style='color:teal'>Hello my friend! Sure, this info is helpful  
smile.gif
Thank you very much for your help!!!

By the way, how are doing your P. primuliflora?</span>

As promised, here's two pics of my C.berteroniara pup, from different angles:

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

They're relatively easy to grow.

<span style='color:teal'>Cool!!!!
smile.gif
That plant looks great! Thank you for taking from your time to take these pics and post them. I really appreciate it!
smilie4.gif

Did you find it in a CP's Nursery or elsewhere?

Thanks so much!</span>

Back