What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roridula germination - YES!!

I don't know maybe it's no big deal but I'm excited! I got 4 out of 5 seeds of R. gorgonias to germinate within one week. These seeds are pretty old too. They were passed to me by a friend over a year ago and I think he had them for at least a year. I was all prepared to wait it out but here we go-- Will post pics when they start putting leaves up-

wow congrats on that. Im waiting on mine to sprout.

where do you get your seed?

Anywho! Congrats! I hope that they grow well, and I can't wait to see pics to see how and how much it grows
smile.gif

The seed was originally from Rare Exotic Seeds I believe but my friend bought them so I'm not sure--

Nice!

I'm still waiting on some R. dentata seeds to germinate.

A couple of them have split open to reveal a yellow/brown embryo and I chipped the seed coat off of one of the split ones but they still don't seem to want to do anything..  
sad.gif

So far,I have one coming up,out of a total of 8 seeds from the ICPS seed bank.

Finally! The one I chipped the seed coat off of has sent out a little root and is going to sprout! :-D

And it only took a little over 2 months, 68 days to be exact.

:boogie:

Got a new camera and the giant LCD screen broke on it (figures). I still haven't gotten my camera replacement but they are not exciting to look at yet anyway. I had two more germinate so I guess it was six originally and now they have all started. They are clinging onto those seed coats though - I tried prying one off and it seemed like it would damage the sprout.

Heres my little R. dentata sprout:

rdentata01.jpg

Not very impressive looking yet. :p

Now if only someone had some P. marlothii in the U.S. :banana2:

It's a year later.........

Whatever happened to the 'lil sprout??

Back