What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing R. dentata

Hey,

I'd like to know everyones experience with R. dentata, whether your plant thrived or died, share what R. dentata likes or dislikes!

Heres my little seedling:
dentata.jpg

One area I'm kind of unsure about is watering. I was told to keep it on the dry side, but how dry is too dry?

Hi Jeremy,

My plants are doing fine with the following:
I have the plants in a sandy mix and in plastic pots standing in a dish.
I poor in just enough water to cover the dishbottom with a thin layer every 2 days.
Thats dry, i know but i went from 6 seeds tot 3 plants of about 40 cm in 1 year. (1 seedling broke in transport en 1 died when a tried to help the seedcovering husk off it, i don't know what i did wrong with number 3)

Marcel

Thanks for the advice again. :)

Heres my little seedling, pic taken a couple minutes ago:

dentata02.jpg

Its been raining all day... :sleepy:

Anyone else out there that has given R. dentata a try feel free to share what you learned!

*EDIT*

Hey Marcel,

aren't you the one that donated all those dentata seeds to the ICPS?

Last edited:
looks great!!!!
I can already see the little 'real' leaves

Is it possible to legally obtain the little symbiotic bugs for it?
that would be sooooooo cool!

Hi Jeremy,

No those seeds were not mine. They haven't flowered for me yet.
Still hoping and waiting:-D

wow!
thanks!
the only thing is that they live in the UK and we live in the US. So there may be some interferences

Heres what my little bean sprout looks like today!:

dentata03.jpg

Decided to take posession of my parents digital camera since they never use it and its 20x better than mine, still can't get it totally focused on the plant..

Heres a couple ones that turned out better:
dentata05.jpg

dentata04.jpg

Last edited:
Back