What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Riiight...

So about 1.5 months ago I saw my Stylidium in the windowsill with a D. ordensis was only making a few leaves at a slow pace, so, I gave it a little orchid fertilizer and it has since made about 15-20 offshoots and I moved it outside in full direct sun for most of the day and it now has about 8 flower stalks, some flowers opened today (I totally forgot the trigger part so when I touched the tiny cute flower and it moved I was like WTF for a second). What part is actually carnivorous? The stalk? The thing that goes over the flower when you touch it?

By the way, ironically the D. ordensis made a flower stalk shortly after the Stylidium started making it. Everyone's flowering in that pot. And then to the left of it are the thriving Dionaea I saved from Wal-Mart, I truly felt proud for a moment haha.

Sooo... any help?

(I totally forgot the trigger part so when I touched the tiny cute flower and it moved I was like WTF for a second)
:-))

The "carnivorous" part would be the stalked sticky glands coming out from the flower stalk. I think some species may be lacking these.

For me the main attraction is the moving flowers! It'd be cool to sit outside and watch it swat at insects!

Now if only I could get my S. bulbiferum seeds to germinate..

Yeah. But I heard S. debile does have them. Hmm, I guess I'll have to look later.

Yeah. But I heard S. debile does have them. Hmm, I guess I'll have to look later.

It's still under debate about the nature of the carnivorous nature (or lack of).

xvart.

I know, but, I firmly believe they are carnivores and thus will be found as such. The only step missing is assimilation. It's covered everything else :) and grows in the same conditions... really it only makes sense, but, who knows! I still believe they are carnivorous and I look forward to Mr. Darnowski's (I forgot his first name LOL I think it was Jim or something) report on it.

Back