What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is the tank in my Brocchinia dry all the time?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Okay, I have a medium sized Brocchinia Reducta, and I'm wondering why the tank is constantly dry. Well, it's not bone-dry, but the water-level is constantly low and I have to keep adding water to the tank like every hour or two.

Why is this? Is the soil too dry or something?

Brocchinia form the tight pipes in high sunlight. Otherwise they'll look like pineapple tops and hold very little water. Grow it to the best of your abilities and see how it does.

Brocchinia form the tight pipes in high sunlight. Otherwise they'll look like pineapple tops and hold very little water. Grow it to the best of your abilities and see how it does.

I grow it in partially sunny conditions (several hours of direct sunlight, the rest of the time is bright light).

The problem is that I don't have any place in my house of back-yard where I can give my plants full-sun.

Yup to what Clue said. I had a Brocchinia growing in direct sun all summer. in a gigantic water trays. but i don;t really check the brocchinia tank like all the time. but i once put a tiny pellet fish food in the tank. the brocchinia slow down the growth for some reason ??? but the new leaf after the fish pellet seems fine. no rot no mold or anything... does anyone know why it slow the growth once you feed it?

Back