What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question

Is it too early to start Devil Claw seeds in Peat pots or is it not? I'm curious.

Like outside or inside? And hey your in Georgia another Georgian! what county are you in i am in Carrollton?

I'm going to start them inside and I'm up in Pickens County Georgia.

Sure you can start them indoors anytime just depends on your setup.

Your welcome.

I've started devil claw inside and that didn't work out too well for me. They would spring up, get "leggy" and be too weak to be outside. If it were me, I would wait until the temps are going to be consistently above freezing and sow directly into the ground.

Thanks and I wanted to make sure that putting the seeds in the freezer didn't affect them.

I've started devil claw inside and that didn't work out too well for me. They would spring up, get "leggy" and be too weak to be outside. If it were me, I would wait until the temps are going to be consistently above freezing and sow directly into the ground.

^ Agreed. I haven't gotten anything but etiolated Proboscidea. I'm not sure what it's like in Georgia this time of year, but I'd wait until nights are in the 50s and there's no danger of frost.

Thanks and I wanted to make sure that putting the seeds in the freezer didn't affect them.

I think that's enough to kill them. >.>

I will see when they sprout and I don't think that would harm them because my dad always puts seeds in the freezer. They still sprout and thanks.

I think the fridge would be safer.

Should I move the seeds to the Fridge since they have been in the freezer or should I leave them in the Freezer? Sounds good and thanks.

Frdige

Back