What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylidium Debile / Frail Triggerplant

have yet to try this genus......maybe ill track some down soon as we thaw out........

many thanks for the offer, will try and remember to hit yah up when we thaw out.....got almost 3 inches of snow today.......

Tried to grow a few different ones a while back from seeds I got off Ebay but didn't have any luck...

I've only got S. debile, they are good at hiding, can't seem to find any other species! LOL

Yeah they're kind off hard to come by in the states
I only know of one vendor that has any live ones available & it's S. Debile & I'm sure they're plants from the seeds they were offering for sale

Thinking about ordering some more seeds off Ebay & giving them another try
I soaked the last batch I got in water with smoke paper & all but didn't even get one sprout :-(

I've got tons of S.debile.. stuff spreads like a utric on meth. Did you get this from me?

I've got tons of S.debile.. stuff spreads like a utric on meth. Did you get this from me?

LOL...

Yeah they're the root divisions you sent me in trade back in November

oh.. fantastic! Glad to see they're doing well for you.

Yeah. This plant grows like crazy.

triggerhappy.jpg

Oh crap. I got a new computer some time ago and never realized that I did not copy my address book properly. My main address book is there but the 2 others, the one with all my CP contacts in is gone. I may be able to re-find this hopefully....
There is a gentleman named Douglas Darnowski, who I had his email address, grew several different varieties of Trigger Plants. He has even written a book on them.

oh.. fantastic! Glad to see they're doing well for you.

Yeah they seem to be doing good
Had them indoors under lights over the winter
But have moved them back outdoors & they seem to be doing good
The flower stalk has grown a bit since the pics were taken
Will update & post new pics once it opens

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Yeah. This plant grows like crazy.

triggerhappy.jpg

Oh crap. I got a new computer some time ago and never realized that I did not copy my address book properly. My main address book is there but the 2 others, the one with all my CP contacts in is gone. I may be able to re-find this hopefully....
There is a gentleman named Douglas Darnowski, who I had his email address, grew several different varieties of Trigger Plants. He has even written a book on them.

NICE...
Can't wait for mine to fill in the pot like that

DSC_00040001_6.jpg

wait until the pot starts doing this:
DSC_00210004.jpg

DSC_00200003.jpg

Anyone have any good advise on starting/gowing then from seeds???

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

DSC_00040001_6.jpg

wait until the pot starts doing this:
DSC_00210004.jpg

DSC_00200003.jpg

Sweet...

I have stones in the bottom of the one tank and it grew out the bottom of the pot like that and the pots gone, but the plants growing and spreading in the stones. LOL

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Never tried any from seed.

My contribution:

Picture003-2.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

It's like it's saying, "Talk to the hand"...

My contribution:

Picture003-2.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

It's like it's saying, "Talk to the hand"...

Nice Flower...

Beautiful photos all around! My S. debile has been growing out of the bottom of the pots, too. This species was made for mass cultivation.

The other species are indeed hard to come by in the US. I had been trying to get my hands on the two S. graminifolium cultivars out of Australia, but no vendors that carry them ship to the US.

I've had trouble getting them to start from seed. I've had a little success with S. graminifolium. The key seems to be fresh seed, smoke treatment, and cold stratification. I've sent a lot of seed to Paul of the Texas Triffid Ranch (http://txtriffidranch.com/) and he has had much better success with starting them from seed than I have, so much so that I have given him the title "Triggerplant Whisperer."

I didn't have much luck with GA-3 treatment, but the seed was more than two years old, so that could have been the reason for my failure. I plan on trying again with fresh seed.

Just curious
How old are the ones that filling the pots / Growing out the bottoms

Can't wait / LOL

Back