User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any Stylidium petiolare growers ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is incredible (or perhaps I should say- incredibly but pleasantly weird looking)!! The Stylidium genus never ceases to amaze me! I remember the first time I saw a trigger mechanism fire in an S. debile. I totally was not expecting it- I am pretty sure a 4 letter word was uttered.

Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!!! That is beautiful. I currently only have debile, but have been keeping my eyes open for other species. After seeing the petiolare I am going to start actively looking for more species.

You said that it likes humidity, I have found the same with the debile. I had no place to put one of my divisions, so I put it in a tray that had some cuttings and a humidity dome. The leaves became much brighter and fuller, I now keep most of my debile in either my greenhouse of under humidity domes. I think they like it much better, however they do not flower as vigorously in the humidity.

Thanks for a great thread.
    "Only when you live to learn, will you learn to live"
    GROWLIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSarracenia View Post
    Wow!!! That is beautiful. I currently only have debile, but have been keeping my eyes open for other species. After seeing the petiolare I am going to start actively looking for more species.

You said that it likes humidity, I have found the same with the debile. I had no place to put one of my divisions, so I put it in a tray that had some cuttings and a humidity dome. The leaves became much brighter and fuller, I now keep most of my debile in either my greenhouse of under humidity domes. I think they like it much better, however they do not flower as vigorously in the humidity.

Thanks for a great thread.
    Same here. I grow mine just like many of my other CPs. I actually put my in my Heli/Utric terrarium for a long time and they really took off- often growing out of the bottom of their pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep stylidiums are pretty amazing ! Right now i grow my petiolare in 40% Relative humidity. The plant still seems to thrive in lower humidity. Next week i will buy a new terrarium, a big one. I will put all my HL neps, heli and maybe the stylidium.

"and they really took off- often growing out of the bottom of their pot."

same for me, roots running in the saucer under the plant! For me, its a good health sign
    Maiden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have debile, but it grows and flowers like crazy for me.
    If any of you that have other kinds of Stylidium want to trade some plugs for something, pretty please shoot me a PM.
    I'd love to get my hands on as many kinds of Stylidium as I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    I only have debile, but it grows and flowers like crazy for me.
    If any of you that have other kinds of Stylidium want to trade some plugs for something, pretty please shoot me a PM.
    I'd love to get my hands on as many kinds of Stylidium as I can.
    Ditto! What he said!!
    "Only when you live to learn, will you learn to live"
    GROWLIST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mass: i will send you one for free when i will make division. Probably later this summer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Mass: i will send you one for free when i will make division. Probably later this summer
    right on.. I appreciate it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast