User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Brocchinia reducta is growing again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's awesome! yeah reducta is pretty cool, im more overprotective of this plant because its my second brocchinia reducta, i didnt mention it on here but i used to have another one, but since i was new to growing brocchinia it died from crown rot from over watering it ( soil and urn). The first one came potted in peat and perlite but this one was shipped bare rooted thats why i came up with this mix that I some how imagined would be in their natural habitat ( sandy and dead leaves). I also have a little airplant (tillandsia) but i lost the label and i don't remember its species anymore. I think bromeliads in general are relaxing to have,they dont ask for much care. I recently purchased another bromeliad species (Neoregelia kautskyi) that should be on its way. Although my dream bromeliad is brocchinia tatei but im no where willing to pay over 100 bucks to buy it overseas =P
    Gen 1:11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for your tillds, post a picture here, maybe i know your specie.
    Maiden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow reducta in pure sphagnum moss at my apartment balcony. It has been with me for 3 years and one of the plants gave me an offshoot. The media is often barely moist since there is quite a bit of wind. Temperatures are 75 - 90F, Rh60-90% year round.

It's from France so it could be the reason why it's slow growing. Pretty healthy, though I think it prefers cooler weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Maiden here's a pic of the tillandsia, it was purchased from a local hardware store since im not allowed to say names lol

@Cindy amazing! 3 years is quite some time. Does yours catch insects on its own since its outside? I love how its exposed to wind. So the france strain is slow growing? interesting, i wonder what strain mine is, all I know is that its a vigorous strain based on the time I've had it I bought it from a purveyor here in the US although i dont think he sells them anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like Tillandsia stricta, a common one in cultivation. Well this and your reducta have a nice home. Keep us updated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice tilds ! I dont own that specie
    Maiden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's an updated pic of it!
    it's definitely developed more leaves since.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! It's definitely starting to look more like a bromeliad now. Just wondering, are the leaves slippery due to the wax?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast