User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can buy an atomic bomb faster than a Brocchinia Reducta !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can buy an atomic bomb faster than a Brocchinia Reducta !

Frustration abounds ! I've been searching the world over for a Reducta since I'm into CP's bigtime and can't seem to locate one for sale. Not in the USA anyway. Ironic that the Catopsis grows wild in Florida and I have to send to Europe to buy one. Fast chance of getting it through Customs. Go on youtube and see some guy cloning them by the dozens... every agricultural college in America has them for teaching purposes. Tropiflora has price gouged the one they had a few weeks ago... wanted a hundred bucks for a Catopsis which I didnt buy for that reason. Next stop is to take a ride to Florida, put on Ninja pajamas and risk a fine for poaching God's Creation. Or maybe I can trade my grandchildren for one... or throw a virgin into a volcano to appease the Carnivorous Bromeliad gods. !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will soon be some available from AW, but I know how frustrating it is trying to find B. reducta. I lost a big 12" specimen due to the freakishly cold winter we had here, and I've been hunting for one ever since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember buying one down the street from me at a nursery specializing in rare plants. It was $12. Pretty great deal. Powdery leaves. Must have been back in '05!

I was bored with it so it died!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the old tv commercial you take a BCP(owder) and you come back strong? Only in this case you plan on spending about $80 prior to buying anything, assuming you do it the legal way. Good luck!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you can import a reducta from Wistuba without any real worries with the import laws. They have a US contact that handles that part and repacks them for shipment once they clear customs. Atleast that is my understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I know you can import a reducta from Wistuba without any real worries with the import laws. They have a US contact that handles that part and repacks them for shipment once they clear customs. Atleast that is my understanding.
    Yes, that is true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some extra B.reducta. I'm open to trades.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike66 View Post
    Frustration abounds ! I've been searching the world over for a Reducta since I'm into CP's bigtime and can't seem to locate one for sale. Not in the USA anyway. Ironic that the Catopsis grows wild in Florida and I have to send to Europe to buy one.
    I know what you mean. Short of poaching, many species of Utricularia native to North America can only be obtained from Europe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast