Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claims that Cannabis is Para-Carnivorous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this tomatoes and other plants that are fuzzy are protocarnivores too, because insects get stuck, die, and fall off where the plant absorbs them through the roots even though there isn't any evidence that the point of the fuzz is to catch insects for eating as much as it is to keep insects from eating the tomato.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cruzzfish I think if a plant traps and kills an insect in defence its classed as a paracarnivore , but if that's the case there must be many. Interesting thread to me:-)
    Last edited by corky; 02-07-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pertinent point is for want of a better term, "intent". Evolution is result oriented, and the point raised on the other forum about the timing of trichrome production is the most compelling evidence that the trichomes serve a different function.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelrod12 View Post

I believe the occasional stuck insect is just a coincidental side effect. Cannabis is wind pollinated so it doesn't need to attract insects. Also given the vast geographical range in which cannabis grows and is capable of growing I think it would be hard to say for certain that it tends to grow in nutrient deficient areas. It has been established in almost all parts of the world fairly readily.
    I agree. Just as with sap, some insects accidnetally get stuck and die. Its only inevitable with sticky substances.

Also, it is generally regarded that the cannabis genus originated from one of the Himalayan valleys.
    Many other landraces have been observed and recorded in Nepal, pakistan, afghanistan, morrocco, and lebanon.
    Im not sure if the sativas came from the indica lines, or vice versa, but they also have record of landraces being found in Africa, Panama, Vietnam, Hawaii, and Thailand. I wouldnt really say any of those places devoid of nutrients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Related question:
    If the plants make these chemicals as a defensive mechanism to disorient and retard prey, wouldn't it seem not very helpful to ingest these chemicals in significant quantities?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rakovsky View Post
    Related question:
    If the plants make these chemicals as a defensive mechanism to disorient and retard prey, wouldn't it seem not very helpful to ingest these chemicals in significant quantities?
    If human and insect physiology were the same you'd be right........and then there's alcohol, which can disorient and retard humans. But if you don't ingest a significant amount, why bother ingesting at all?
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-07-2016 at 01:49 PM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12