Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Funny plant Fiancee ran across years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound like a good-old fashioned Dungeons and Dragons monster. The poor hapless hero is separated from the party and wandering around alone in a dark thicket when he is pricked by a thorn - he turns around...
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (schloaty @ Sep. 16 2002,11:18)
    Parasuco,
    Isn't crown of thorns a starfish? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img][/QUOTE]
    It's that too.

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, not a movie, real plant, been varified by his father who has neither seen a movie or read a book in his life (boring old fart) and several other people, including the people who owned the property with the plant growing on it. They tell me they have pictures, and are looking for them. it really does exist.

Quite truthfully I don't doubt it does exist, since moving to florida a year ago I have seen some REALLY weird flora! Also for the sci-fi/fantasy fans who have read Piers Anthony's Xanth series this plant will sound familiar as the basis for the "Tangle Tree" and if you've read the author's notes in the first few of the series he says that all the plants are based on native florida flora...

Thanks anyway, I will keep looking

Mae
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Maehem @ Sep. 25 2002,10:38)
    Nope, not a movie, real plant, been varified by his father who has neither seen a movie or read a book in his life (boring old fart) and several other people, including the people who owned the property with the plant growing on it. They tell me they have pictures, and are looking for them. it really does exist.

Quite truthfully I don't doubt it does exist, since moving to florida a year ago I have seen some REALLY weird flora! Also for the sci-fi/fantasy fans who have read Piers Anthony's Xanth series this plant will sound familiar as the basis for the "Tangle Tree" and if you've read the author's notes in the first few of the series he says that all the plants are based on native florida flora...

Thanks anyway, I will keep looking

Mae[/QUOTE]
    Please post back here when you know.

I think the movie I am thinking of is "Konga."

STeve
    I'd rather have a butterwort in front of me than a...wait, ummm...I'll come up with something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why don't you show us a picture of it , this sounds interesting , although it really sounds like a sensitive plant .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a picture unfortuantely.. wish I did, I personally have never seen this plant, just talked to ALOT of people who have... am now trying to get ahold of the current property owners to see if the one everyone else saw is still there, hopefully it is and hopefully they will let me go see it and take some pics....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really sounds like a sensitive plant. Im not sure where i heard it, but i think there isa rather large bush like sensitive plant in asia (?). I think fatboy mentioned it. Maybe seeds were planted....
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I thought senstivie plant too, 18 hours of research, (and talking to 3 botanists) later, I am 99% sure it wasn't any of the sensitive plant variety....

To to worry though, I will find it, and when I do I will make sure everyone here is the first to know what it is!!

9. Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast