Thread: Funny plant Fiancee ran across years ago

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Hi,

My fiancee keeps telling me about this plant he ran across several years ago, he really wants to know what it is called.

Apparantly it is rather short, solid short stock, lots of woody vines with lots (masses) of thick thorns. Bark was brownish red, thorns are blackish red. when you touch it one of its branches all the vines/branches curl tightly around the spot that was touched.

Any Ideas??

T.I.A.

Mae
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I will look into it, though you are likely to get a response from someone else soon enough.

I know that this is the right forum for this question, but it is not the busiest and so you may want to post to General.

Steve
    I'd rather have a butterwort in front of me than a...wait, ummm...I'll come up with something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of it... Sounds a bit 'outthere' don't you think? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Parasuco @ Sep. 12 2002,05:40)"QUOTE">Never heard of it... Sounds a bit 'outthere' don't you think? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img][/QUOTE]
    Yes--it sounds fictional, and that has been my assumption as I look, having failed to find anything so far among actual plants, (though I am trying there too). I mean, it isn't carnivorous or we'd know about it and everyone here would be trying to grow it, and it isn't a cat's claw mimosa, so I'm thinking it's a memory from a movie or TV concatenated with something real.

Interesting to me was that I also remember this plant, as described--now what crap B-grade sci-fi show or movie was it? Land of the Lost? Star Trek? Dr. Who? I shudder to think, and I quake to consider my wasted, Comic Book Guy-like existence.

Steve
    Chicago Bears 1-0
    Last edited by adnedarn; 02-22-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    I'd rather have a butterwort in front of me than a...wait, ummm...I'll come up with something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crown of thorns has quite a lot of thorns, and grows in an odd shape, but I can't say that it has vines... Its really a creepy looking plant though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parasuco,
    Isn't crown of thorns a starfish? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Parasuco @ Sep. 15 2002,4:37)
    Crown of thorns has quite a lot of thorns, and grows in an odd shape, but I can't say that it has vines... Its really a creepy looking plant though...[/QUOTE]
    COT isn't touch-sensitive, is it?

Steve

Chicago Bears 2-0

No it isn't touch sensitive..
    truth is, this mystery plant sounds more like something out of a movie than anything else..

9. Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast