Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brocchinia reducta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got ahold of this plant and I need to know how much humidty it need , light , and climte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it likes temperatures on the coolish side, and high humidity... I read that one should think "Heliamphora," since they grow with them... But with a more bromeliad type compost... well drained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep mine on the windowsill. Not much humidity (45%? ) and i water by misting the soil and the leaves. Really, really easy plant
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you grow them outside in areas that normal bromiliads grow well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea, i have left it outdoors once with my other brom., nothin happened. In SF, it sometimes gets damp at night, but probably just like in South America. It has harder leaves. so it can hold more water in i beileve. Also, if it didnt get watered in awhile, a powdery white substance will form on leaves. Pretty cool
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, let me know if you ever get extra. I imagine they send up pups after flowering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suppsoedly they do send up pups after flowering. I know one growere in Florida who grows them well who uses LF sphagnum for them. Other than that, most use a better drained medium. The one I used to have did well in Peter D'Amato's recommended peat:sanderlite in 2:1:1.
    Honestly, I think that is what it was, but I can't say for sure. I don't have my "Savage Garden" with me.It would definitely work, lol.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pictures that Joachime Danz posted earlier earlier earlier, when this forum just started. I hope he doesnt mind me linking...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast