What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibicella lutea flower

Here are a few photos of my newly opened Ibicella lutea

BTW the last photo is very large so you can see the sticky tentacles hope no one minds
I_Lutea1.jpg

I_Lutea2.jpg

I_Lutea3.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Hi Jeremiah,

That is not Ibicella lutea(yellow flowers)...it is a Proboscidea.

oh ok thanks for your help I was wondering about that, I got it from the ICPS seed bank and it was labled "Ibicella lutea".

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Nice plant and photos Jeremiah. How long did it take for you to grow that?

Hello

I planted the seeds 2 -26-04

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Sure is cute
smile.gif

I love it!
Much more pretty than I.lutea!

Yeah, nice flowers there. I have two devils claws, both flowering beautifully now!

Are all devil claws annuals?

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>There are a few colonies of naturalized Ibicella lutea that grow on the sholder of the road near my house. However, many times they are a little less than annual. They seem to appear only when the Summer rains are sufficient. This Summer (so far) and the two Summers before this one have not provided sufficient moisture at the right time for these colonies to show themselves. When the rains are right they are easy to see with their dark green leaves that are a good contrast to the rest of the desert and spotted about with bright yellow blooms.</span>

Wow Pinguicula man, do you live in the desrt?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yeah, for now anyways. I do. In Tucson, Arizona with Saguaro cactus in my front yard.

Hi,
PinguiculaMan, could you take a picture of them?

How big they are in the desert?

cheers,
Rita

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Sure, I'll take my camera with me when I go out this morning. I will have my wife photograph me standing beside them and the park sign. I will then post it tonight.

Today was one of our rare overcast days, still it was 97F.

Here are a couple of shots near Sandario and Rudasill, a couple of blocks from my house:
-------
First; me in front of Saguaro National Park sign on NorthWest corner of Sandario and Rudasill:

Pic2.jpg

--------
Second; me standing in front of a fairly sizeable Saguaro:

Pic3.jpg

--------
Third and last; view looking South from behind the sign:

Pic1.jpg
</span>

I cant see the pictures.
confused.gif

Them Guys are HUGE. What do you reckon thier age is?

Pictures, pictures
I cant see
Please forgive me.

I cant see the pictures.
confused.gif

Back