Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cp site beaing developed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that a form letter that they can tell has been mass produced - with a signature does not carry as much clout as an individual letter.

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] OMG!! Thats very heart breaking and enough to make me sick and cry, those first pics just get to me. All those poor beautiful plants, [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] count me in with a letter as well.. What is this toilet bowl of a world we live in comming to.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that we could draft one from the board, but I have to agree that if everyone sends a form letter it would look bad. If Ozzy asks for letter we just need to make sure that the membership understands that it is to be polite. You catch more flies with nectar.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROAR! LEMME AT 'EM! LEMME AT 'EM! Nobody kills the relatives of my partners in crime! *goes to Ghouse to console VFTs and Sarrs that it will all be okay*
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Copper @ Nov. 07 2005,9:52)]I think that we could draft one from the board, but I have to agree that if everyone sends a form letter it would look bad. If Ozzy asks for letter we just need to make sure that the membership understands that it is to be polite. You catch more flies with nectar.
    I agree getting nasty in a letter would not help much , now comming from a woman that is outright mean and nasty when i wana be and sometimes ya have to get right down and dirty with things and some people to get things moving in the right derection i think its best to go easy and polite like Copper said see how things go that way but something needs to be done quickly.
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Ozzy,
    I would be willing to care for some rescued plants
    If you are able to get permission from the land-owner (or construction company)

I can reimburse for postage to help.

Hope you can save them....

Kirk
    Fitchburg, MA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirk, you will need to submit your name as a grower to the board. The board shall choose the growers. I believe that your name is already on a list to be submitted.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a little more info about this site today.
    I showed up and looked at the paper work again and I think that I have the land owner's name, address and phone number. It's a big development group, so I don't know if that will work in our favor or not. I also look for where the original plants I found last summer was. I found where they were and they are not in immediate danger. If the development is build the way I think it will be, they will be destroyed in the next phase of construction. I think we will have at least a few months before that happens.
    Since I'm a construction worker myself, I know how to blend in and look like I belong on a job site. A hard hat will make the other workers think you have official business there. I walked up to a worker and asked who the foreman was. He pointed to a guy in a huge trenching machine. I asked the foreman if he had time to answer a few questions. I asked if the land was going to be a housing development. He said yes. I asked if the development would extend toward a wooded area. (Towards where most of the cp's are) He said he didn't know but he showed me the road that goes to the back of the property and showed me that it went way back into the woods. It's an area that I haven't searched (yet).

I'm planning to make a call to the development group, and asking if they own the property and I may even ask for a meeting. I'll write them a letter and I'll explain our mission, I'll ask for permission to remove the plants, at our expense. I'll agree to sign a waiver that will relive them of any responsibility if I am hurt on their property. I will also ask that I be given permission to look for and remove any plant on their property. I will also ask for a construction schedule, so we will know what our deadlines are. I can't ask or even request that they hold up construction for any reason. That will get us a quick kick right out of the door. We can't make any demands,if we do we'll just blow our only opportunity. We have one chance to get this right, if we fail they will just ignore us. We have no right to any plant they have. They have NO legal obligation to even talk to us. So if they agree with anything we'll have to take it. Even though this site means alot to me, we have to look at the big picture. If we show them that we won't be a burden to them, they are more likely to give more opportunity's in the future with different sites. They can also be a reference with other real estate companies in the future. If we are nice, and do just what we promise we'll do, they could convince another group to let us onto their property. I have other plans but I'll go over them later but my long term goal is to develop a relationship, and get a list of future projects so I can search those before any work is done on them.

I hope this explains why we can't just write a bunch of letters. We have to show them that we are not going to be a burden to them. If it comes to that of course we'll do it as a last resort.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast