What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT site SAVED!!

I really would like a snake, but I am afraid the cat would also like it. I'll take pics while in the outer banks!

JBL if you get a Ball python, Easy snake, the cats shouldn't mess with it once its full grown. I know mine leave mine alone. I have even had my stupid black cat jump into the feeding box with one of my snakes just to look at it. Snakes in general are great and I am sure that once the cat gets used to it being there it should be fine. You wouldn't be letting it loos in the house anyways so the cage will protect it from the cats.

I'd feel sorry for any cat that made the mistake of jumping in the cage with my kingsnake Lucy. I gave her a quail the other day and she wrapped around it, grabbed it's head with her mouth and ripped it's head completly off. It was really a bad scene.

Pearl, my desert kingsnake, showed my siamese Rosy that sticking her nose to the screen when Pearl is out and about, is not a wise idea at all. Her nose will recover.

oh man. LOL See thats why I like Ball pythons they are so docile when they get used to people.

Josh, Pearl has no problems with people, but a nosy cat was another story. Pearl knew The Rose was up to no good!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 25 2006,9:19)]Pearl, my desert kingsnake, showed my siamese Rosy that sticking her nose to the screen when Pearl is out and about, is not a wise idea at all. Her nose will recover.
I have this mental picture of Rosy clinging to the ceilling with back arched, eyes wide and hissing like a tea kettle
smile_s_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Nope, Steve. But I know now how fast she can run. She be quick!!!

LMAO I bet that was a site to see. LOL

IMO, its not a good idea to publicly provide detailed maps and directions to find wild CP sites..
confused.gif

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Mar. 01 2006,9:51)]IMO, its not a good idea to publicly provide detailed maps and directions to find wild CP sites..
confused.gif

Scot
Agreed. I eliminated my link--sorry

Depends on the site, Some site I will never disclose, until they are destroyed of course. But there are some that are watch by either park rangers, game wardens or some other official. I don't think they should be kept secret. They are there for the public to enjoy.

I think Croatan National Forest falls under the category Ozzy mentions. And it is posted by the forest service for those reasons. Considering the size of Croatan, a general map will not help anyone find specific locations. It is many miles wide and long.

I have to do many google pages to figure out where to go see natural CP's in the wild... for my vacation (VFT's and S. Minor's idealy) I am goingn to the Local botanical gardens and they might have some kind of information or tour... If not theirs still the UP of MI

Cheers

If you want to see vft's in the wild there is only one place to see em. Let me know when you'll be here and I'll giveyou a tour.

Oh yeah, Minors too. And Flavas, purpureas, rubras, leucophylla, pings, capilaris, fifilormis, intermedia, many bladderworts, and on and on and on.

I would love that, but i dont know how i feel about meeting people over the web... Sry im sure you understan though.

cheers

Trust me I understand. You'll soon realuize that everybody here is famliy. You'll soon learn to trust some of us.

Oh by the way, there are quite a few cp's in ohio. Some not too far from Springfield. I know, I've seen 'em.

Back