Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sarracenia oreophila

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]One of the people that I asked about S. oreophylla said that it was a really boring plant, and said that I wouldn't like it
    Oreophila is quite an interesting plant. It's usually the first to start growing and you can have a fresh and bushy plant whilst all the rest are in the middle of growing pitchers.

The pitchers are very shapely with eyecatching long necks.

The only downside is that by July it's all over for another season!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them So fat!

Dave, we don't really own the whole lake, just our part of the property. It's only like a 3-5 acre lake but they won't sell it to us. It's natural but sadly filling in due to construction.

When my mom was a little girl her parents bought all of our lake property (only about 6 or 7 acres) for like 200 bucks or something absurdly small like that. It's hard to believe the prices back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Jan. 05 2007,6:28)]JLAP how much land do you own? Is it a big lake or a man-made lake?

Bugweed that's really amazing! One of the people that I asked about S. oreophylla said that it was a really boring plant, and said that I wouldn't like it.
    ive heard that too. but i would love to have one! darn CITES and ESA. they are pretty cold tolerant from what i know so it would be perfect for my bog garden next spring!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Royal Glidedness! Allow me! Anyone can send you an s. oreophila. Anyone. They cannot sell it to you from out of State, but they can send you one. Trades: not allowed. Giving as a gift? ALLOWED! Pay the postage? NO! But, if someone is willing to send you some on their dime, then it is allowable. NO profit can be made on these plants except a licencensed nursery from your own State. Otherwise, beg long and loud and give it a try. No one from overseas can send it either, though I cannot imagine why. Seed is also allowable in the same manner. Ask me if I have any seed. Go ahead! Ask me! I dare ya!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM'ed
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have some seeds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah! do ya?

Quote[/b] ]Your Royal Glidedness! Allow me! Anyone can send you an s. oreophila. Anyone. They cannot sell it to you from out of State, but they can send you one. Trades: not allowed. Giving as a gift? ALLOWED! Pay the postage? NO! But, if someone is willing to send you some on their dime, then it is allowable. NO profit can be made on these plants except a licencensed nursery from your own State. Otherwise, beg long and loud and give it a try. No one from overseas can send it either, though I cannot imagine why. Seed is also allowable in the same manner. Ask me if I have any seed. Go ahead! Ask me! I dare ya!!!!
    What if you are trading for something else and then they just happen to decide to throw it in there as a *free* bonus?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMAO! If he said "NO!" I'd fall out of my chair so fast and have a stroke laughing lmao!

Lol, he wouldn't do that though lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast