What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doomed Site

I just learned that a Nasc board member has already contacted the land owner. If everything works out and we need help removing plants we'll post a request for help.

I just learned that a Nasc board member has already contacted the land owner. If everything works out and we need help removing plants we'll post a request for help.

although i can't provide any manpower, i'd be glad to offer any financial assistance i can muster...

I am down for road trip. I only live a few hours away so I will be watching the site to see if yall ask for help. I'm there! (IF I am not working or something)

In Michigan, the orchid societies have made arrangements with people from the transportation department. They get a call to do a plant rescue when new roads are being put in.

Maybe some local garden group could do the same thing for carnivorous plants?

I wish I had some spare cash...or I would 3rd that :) Let me know if there is ne thing i can do way up here in PA....

NASC will at some point need to have volunteers who can help out on plant rescues in various locations in the U.S. BUT, bear in mind, there will be different types of rescues. There will be some instances where there will be plenty of time to remove plants (WITH PERMISSION) and there may be a time where the plants are in immediate danger of destruction but even then, we must have permission to collect them and put them into the growing program.

But people willing to volunteer to help in cases where plants will HAVE to be removed will be integral. SO...any of you who think you might be able to help out in future projects when it comes to needing hands to WORK, contact Ozzy and give him your contact information. Bear in mind it might require travel, hard labor and assignments ranging from digging to packing to repairing holes, etc. Also research will be a needed area as we might need to have research done for contact information.

Also, anyone helping in such a capacity must be a NASC member which also requires the signing of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). This is to ensure everyone understands the confidentiality of any location information.

NASC has been in contact with the above development company and there are good things afoot. So stay tuned. This may turn out VERY well for the plants I'm happy to say. :)

Also wanted to add if anyone knows of a Sarracenia site that will be or IS being developed, PLEASE contact Ozzy directly or any NASC Board member so we can act on the information. We will check into any sites we are made aware of.

wooo!

if there is ever an incident in oregon, tell me XD

:(... It's very sad to see. Well, I hope you'll be able to save them. I'd come from Wisconsin if I had tons of time off, a car, a license, was 3 years older, money, and gas, and was a NASC member, err... that's a lot isn't it.

Good luck, I hope the owners cooperate fully.

Back