What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Alaskan sphagnum bog
Picture242.jpg

Great Sundew (drosera anglica)
Picture213.jpg

Picture228.jpg

Round-Leaf Sundew (drosera rotundifolia)
Picture224.jpg

Bladderwort (utricularia minor?)
Picture223.jpg

Picture229.jpg

We happened to be there right at the start of rough-skinned newt breeding season. Here's the pond
Picture248.jpg

Picture250.jpg

Picture257.jpg

This is just a cool fungus formation
Picture269.jpg

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but we have a plethora of droseras and I thought I would just take some pictures as they came out of dormancy. They were all still very small but will be larger and more magnificent in a month or two. On this isolated island where these bogs exist, a multi-million dollar road was just built last year for basically no reason. It would be a shame for these wonderful wetlands to disappear.

Thanx for sharing these wonderful Pics.
LMO

Great pictures; thanks for sharing!

Very nice, thanks for the pics!

Thanks for the comments guys, there will definitely be some more pictures in a few weeks or so. There is so much more than what you see here.

BTW, if anyone absolutely needs Extreme temperate D. rotundifolia, I have an almost infinite supply, seeds, plants whatever. D. anglica's are less common and I wouldn't want to disperse any before my captive stock starts reproducing.

These endure some pretty harsh conditions, though, and I don't know how they would grow in a milder climate.

I love it!

Hey Great! Where in Southeast Alaska is this?

The first pic looks like it was shot from a helicopter (Palin style).

Nice picture, love the SM.

bee-yute-if-ull!

I know I am a bit late to the part, but geez... gorgeous scenery. I remember reading an article one time about pings growing by the Alaskan Pipeline.

Nice job.

Phil

Back