What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.rotundifolia lovers ONLY!

Yeh that's AMAZING

That's a nice patch of rotunds! I agree though, it looks like there are some D. intermedia in there too.

where did you find those?

where did you find those?

Down the street in a quaking sphagnum bog.

That's a nice patch of rotunds! I agree though, it looks like there are some D. intermedia in there too.

yeah, it's was confirmed. There are indeed D. intermedia growing there as well.

Beautiful shots MM! I like how the strawberries are growing around some of them. Should look great when the strawberries fruit.

Thanks for sharing your pics, very inspiring. It reminds me of the first time I saw Drosera rotundifolia in the wild, it was on the shore of lake Michigan on the Upper Peninsula. They were compact rosettes covered with rabbit dung.

Are those on your property? Just wondering because that would be greatif it is.

what is that 3 leaved plant next to them? gr8 pix you are so lucky to live near one of nature's treasures

Those are nice rotundifoliae! (the "ae" makes it plural, it's Latin) I believe that the butterflies in the pictures are actually viceroys not monarchs. Although they look almost exactly the same, they are from completely different genera.

my friend works for the oregon forestry service and found these while working! she was thoughtful enough to send me a couple pictures. she even asked her boss about collecting and he said i could take seeds but no plants. i may take a trip there and see them

263740_164926436909126_100001753129491_365238_6332244_n.jpg

Back