Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: BP Oil Spill: Pensacola Beach, Perdido Bay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the oil is sitting low cause of the use of dispersants........not what i would have done but it was a damned if you do damned if yah dont situation......had they not used them ppl would be screaming why didnt they when they could of.......

in all reality BP shouldnt have been drilling that deep, only a couple companies have the experience to do so and BP aint one of them......but but ppl like Obama and the save the world types say shallow water drilling is to dangerous for the environment......it would have been far easier on the environment had an oil company screwed up a shallow water well than a deep water one.....at 150 feet you can use conventional explosives to try and your not out anything, they wont work at 5000 feet.....you can drill relief wells quicker.....hell you can put divers down there in hard suits to help.....we would be much better off lifting the shallow water ban and get it out of companies heads that somethings are worth the risk....get them out of real deep water and into the shallows where things are more sure...

as for setting fire with the turtles in.....actually it is difficult to burn oil slicks......conditions have to be near perfect or it doesnt work.....whats better? killing a few turtles and getting rid of oil while you can OR spend the time rescuing a few turtles, risk conditions changing and not getting to burn off the oil and let it hit the beaches and affect more animals?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    took Obama 6 months to decide on a dog......really think you want that idiot incharge of the oil spill
    I could say the same for "Dubya" and his "quick" response to the Katrina disaster......

But seriously, blaming the President isn't going to get us anywhere. If you don't like how things are being done, you are more than welcome to go and do it yourself in they way you want it to be done.
    "FEED ME!!" ~ Audrey II, Little Shop of Horrors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't like how things are being done, you are more than welcome to go and do it yourself in they way you want it to be done.
    Heck with that. They won't let anyone near it. Not even now the private fishermen who they both accepted volunteerism from and contracted with to rescue the endangered wildlife. Even these people who BP's themselves accepted are being turned away now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am trying to say is that the President, nor BP themselves are to blame for this disaster.

If you ask me, the ones to blame are the designers and builders of the rig. They are the ones who took the short cuts, they are the ones that skipped here and skimmed there to make budget. They should be the ones to pay out of pocket.
    "FEED ME!!" ~ Audrey II, Little Shop of Horrors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblue28 View Post
    I could say the same for "Dubya" and his "quick" response to the Katrina disaster......

But seriously, blaming the President isn't going to get us anywhere. If you don't like how things are being done, you are more than welcome to go and do it yourself in they way you want it to be done.
    problem with Katrina was not Bush it was Nagin and the Army Corps of Engineers......Nagin had the more than enough warning, more than enough buses to get everyone out but he sat on his hands, looked to DC and said its your job.....the Corps was in charge of the levees and they didnt do the job they were paid to do, keep them up.....have dealt with the Corps up here with dam management and they will sit and lie to you though they know you know the truth.....

my point bout Obama was that alot of ppl say he should be doing something.....he knows bout as much about deep sea drilling as he does about rocket science....he aint no help.....the one thing he could do is wave the Jones Act so that foreign companies could come in and help....the Dutch are the world experts in oil spill clean up but they are having to waste time training Americans how to use their equipment rather than just getting to the clean up.....

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblue28 View Post
    What I am trying to say is that the President, nor BP themselves are to blame for this disaster.

If you ask me, the ones to blame are the designers and builders of the rig. They are the ones who took the short cuts, they are the ones that skipped here and skimmed there to make budget. They should be the ones to pay out of pocket.
    BP was over seeing them and they were doing it to BP's specs..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BP was over seeing them and they were doing it to BP's specs..........
    Ditto. BP had the final say. Like you said, they had no business drilling that deep into the earth.

What happens when large amounts of methane accumulates... It has already happened in a lake in Africa. We already know there is methane in the well in the gulf too since that is supposedly what caused the initial explosion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00GVHzZFM-s

I suppose that is the worse case scenario and probably won't happen, but it's a natural event that has happened before on a smaller scale.

Air quality at Vinice Station, Louisiana.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGxGVGiD3yk
    Last edited by Indiana Gardener; 06-29-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good example of what corporate greed and corruption will get you when the risks they are willing to take to save or make a few bucks explodes in thier faces. All companies do it, but the consequences depend on the nature of the business. Some would rather pay a fine rather than fix an issue because the fine is cheaper than the cost of fixing the problem. It is just the cost of doing business an executive will tell you. We have seen similar catastrophe's of different scales as a result. Look at the credit card industry for example. Heartland Payments, TJ MAXX, etc. Millions of credit card numbers were stolen due to lax security. Security was lax because it was too costly to overhaul thier systems. They knew what they had to do for the most part. However, it would be much simpler paying the fine for being out of compliance than to fix the problem. A calculated risk that businesses are willing to take sometimes at thier own expense, and sometimes at all of ours as well.

The sad thing is that it is everyone else that has to live with this mess and those who are responsible for it have the means to be largely unaffected by it personally. The company itself will also weather the storm because all it needs to do is declare bankruptcy when costs get too hefty and rebuild itself.

I personally think they should dismantle every last piece of BP and give it to the American people to repay the damage caused. Just as you cannot avoid certain debts from bankruptcy (ie: injury caused by drunk driving), there are certain debts businesses should not be able to avoid by declaring bankruptcy. Gross neglegence and excessive risks that result in catastrophy should be a few of them. I am no expert at law so perhaps there is already something in chapter 10 that states this. At least I think it is called chapter 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they do that, they'd better dismantle the idiots in our government who allowed them to do it too.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast