Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: BP Oil Spill: Pensacola Beach, Perdido Bay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Gardener View Post
    If they do that, they'd better dismantle the idiots in our government who allowed them to do it too.
    we are definatly on the same page on this.......im all for dismantling DC!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, guys, take a deep breath and count back from ten. Mindless hate isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Instead of blame, which will do nothing whatsoever, visit your nearest bog and do jumping jacks!
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nearest bog is 5 plus hours away...........
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We certainly have some common ground there, rattler.

Don't knock blame in every situation, silence. Blame for some issues is easy to see where to place it. I saw who is to blame for our media keeping the public in the dark; a company with a foreign CEO who thinks he can run our country and a spineless president who is allowing him to do so.

I don't think either rattler or I have any "mindless hate". It's well placed hate, joking. lol I don't hate BP, but I have a strong dislike for the company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do have a point to a certain degree IMO. It is government that sets the policies and sets the fines for the most part. The government does have some blame in this. But I would not say it is solely the current administration who should be blamed. Corruption is a problem that has been going on since the beginning of time, however the corrupt and corrupted do seem to have the market cornered these days.

This is what one should expect when corporations have thier hands in government and have influence over it. Lobbyist, Policital groups, coalitions, blah, blah, blah... Whatever happened to by the people, for the people.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that blame isn't okay is some situations, I just can't stand the HATE. The hate is what keeps people from being rational and instead beating down on one or two people instead of being constructive. Currently those people are trying to make amends. Unless they did something like this truly on purpose, there shouldn't be hate. I dislike how this came to be too, with BP's clearance policies, but if people stay in a blinding rage, what will that achieve?
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happened to by the people, for the people.
    I think that went out the window long ago. That was before double pane technology and it had too easy of a time getting out...

All kidding aside, out gov has widely conflicting interests and greed always wins out with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no real hate from me......Indiana and i just have different perspectives on the situation......did BP screw up? yes they did, most definitely....they got in over their heads......but part of the reason they went there is cause shallow water drilling has been stopped......they were looking to expand and went the only direction allowed by law.....they got sloppy in a place that has lil in the way of forgiveness and it bit them in the rear.....but you dont make big bucks unless you take risks and have a hard time faulting them for that....may not agree with how they did it but cant fault them for taking the risk of drilling in 5000 feet of water.....

as far as the natural disaster.......the mexican spill in the 70's showed us that the ecosystem will bounce back in short order.......and we have alot more technology today to help out......as i said the big theing the gulf has over the alaskan coast during valdez is that the water and sediment in the gulf is teaming with crude eating micro organisms that multiply fast in the warm water because crude naturally seeps from the floor of the gulf....Alaska didnt have that.......and the mexican spill dumped it out at a faster rate than this one.....the gulf will recover with in my fathers life time let alone mine or my kids.....

should things be put in place to keep this from happening again? definitely but there are always risks......it will prolly happen again reguardless of how safe we try to be.....crap happens......

what scares me isnt the drilling in US waters.....its the drilling off Cuba by companies that make BP's safety and accident record look top notch.....and there aint a darn thing we can do about it.....
    cervid serial killer

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast