Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Save Water RO Owners!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm sure I'll save tons in water, but you never mentioned how much that unit ran you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by massmorels View Post
    So I'm sure I'll save tons in water, but you never mentioned how much that unit ran you.
    I don't think you quite understand. "you never mentioned how much that unit ran you."--I don't really get what you're trying to say, but I have news for you:

This is a REGULAR ro unit. The mod cost less than $10. The actual 50 GPD RO unit with 2.4 G tank cost $150 (with filters also). In fact, I spent about $174 for the unit, the modification, and a digital TDS meter. No, I am not shy to mention the cost

If you were thinking I spent alot of money on saving water, you're dead wrong. In fact, I will save money by saving water.

Why don't you go back and look at my pics again (if you even did.)

Anyway, the good news is that this is VERY simple to do, as others have pointed out. All you need is a long 3/8 (I think that's right) tube. Run it from the exhaust to wherever you want to put the water. Running that to an impression in the ground would make for a thriving pond . I mean seriously. You could have a pond with the water you're wasting (if you are wasting it.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geez man, why the hostility?.. yeah, I looked at the pics, along with everything else in the thread. I was just thinking something this nice would be pricey. It's the first I've read about the subject. So you are indeed correct, I didn't understand. The construction on my new house starts in a week and a half, and a unit like this would make a great addition.
    I guess I could've elaborated my comment a bit more, and asked more questions. But why beat around the bush? Anyways, you did a good job.. looks great.. well done. Thanks for sharing! Definitely gives me some ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hostility?

You're way more hostile than I am

This thread is to give people ideas on how they can use their waste water. I'm glad it's working for you

BTW, the mod isn't nice because I spent lots of money on it, but because I spent some time and had a goal. I custom-made several of the parts. If you get the basic idea, you can overcome the obstacles by being creative to somehow use your waste water. I'm not telling you how to do it , I'm just trying to give you a goal to attain.

If anybody does (has done) something like this I'd like to see! Please post some pics!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDCPs View Post
    Hostility?

You're way more hostile than I am

This thread is to give people ideas on how they can use their waste water. I'm glad it's working for you
    yeah, I get that a lot.. Trying to work on that issue though.

I'm going to do some more research and see if I can't come up with something similar to yours. I like what you've got put together thus far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of getting a RO unit, but then I found out that my tapwater seriously comes out around 10ppm or less, and the chlorine concentration used to clean the water is around 2ppm, so it just doesn't seem like I need to shell out the money for a RO unit.
    I love the Bull Run watershed.

Oh, and this is my first post, I suppose I ought to go write up an introduction post soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucanidae: All you need to do then is let your water stand overnight before using. The chlorine evaporates! Welcome to the forum!

Mass:

At least you're honest. Realizing there is a problem is the first step of course.

If you need any help or have any questions with anything related to what I've done, let me know! I'll do my best...

What I've got right now works great for me. I can't think of a way to improve it right now. It does the job. I just have to keep using the water for something...but saving water is worth a little effort where I live. We're a bit dry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I mention that the water is also good for bathing pets? The water doesn't sting the eyes you see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123