What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meadowview job openings

Hi Folks:

We've got some job openings and I want to put the announcement out on our CP Forums before I go to Monster.com. We have a vice president and one intern position open, with the possibility of a second intern position becoming available soon. The intern position ranges in term from 3 to 6 month positions with a one year option also available. Most students will typically opt for a summer position since it fits their schedule but we have the longer term spots available for those in between academic programs. The intern position comes with room and board provided at the research station. The food stipend is $250.00/month on a reimbursement basis.

Meadowview is continuing to grow and and the need to obtain a qualified vice-president is all too obvious. The vice-president is basically going to be trained in all aspects of Meadowview and how to run the organization in the unfortunate event that I, or whoever is president, meets an untimely end. This is a very important issue for Meadowview since we need to ensure the long-term viability of our organization with a well trained staff. The vice-president will spend one year in an intern position (under the terms described above) and if the candidate successfully passes muster will then become an officer in the organization.

Considering these are challenging economic times, this may be a fairly attractive offer to someone in the right circumstances. The offer of room and board provides basic support and then you get the chance to work at a great conservation organization. The vice-president candidate should have some background in wildlife, conservation, or general biology. A bachelors degree is required but work experience may be substituted if our criteria are met. I can provide a more complete job description for both the intern and vice-president positions upon request.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

:O
If I were in a position to move I would be all over this. Best luck in your search!
~Joe

Oh my goodness! I wish I could! This coming year just is too busy for me though. :<
Are the intern positions something that come up yearly? I'd definitely be interested in the future if so. :)

Hi Lucanidae:

Send me an e-mail at meadowview@pitcherplant.org and I will send you an intern application form. Our positions rotate throughout the year so we can get you set-up for a future position.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

I should be able to help out over the summer. I live about 20+ minutes away. I love the facility and would not mind spending my summer there.

If this weren't on the other side of the country I would jump on it so quickly... maybe in the future I will.

Back