Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Major seed poaching

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'd be willing to bet that a significant portion of CP enthusiasts have send or received seed from overseas without proper permits and customs declarations under the guise of regular business or personal correspondence. I bet a number of CP enthusiasts have shipped live plants with media from outdoors from quarantine areas (Japanese beetles etc.) to states that restrict movement across the state borders of such media without phytosanitary declarations.

Now who is going to cast the first stone?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah but if yah get caught the fines aint cheap......dont mind that part so much so long as yah know going in the risks.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you don’t like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of moral laws, I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if it was, say, 100 seeds, as are a couple of other listings. But this guy has some 20 different listings at any time with quantities up to the tens of thousands. If someone offered me 50 seeds that they already picked, I would probably accept it. But fifteen thousand? That's nuts.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Well I'd be willing to bet that a significant portion of CP enthusiasts have send or received seed from overseas without proper permits and customs declarations under the guise of regular business or personal correspondence. I bet a number of CP enthusiasts have shipped live plants with media from outdoors from quarantine areas (Japanese beetles etc.) to states that restrict movement across the state borders of such media without phytosanitary declarations.

Now who is going to cast the first stone?
    Warren, are you now going to tell me that there's gambling in Casablanca?
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silenceisgod View Post
    In terms of moral laws, I wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if it was, say, 100 seeds, as are a couple of other listings. But this guy has some 20 different listings at any time with quantities up to the tens of thousands. If someone offered me 50 seeds that they already picked, I would probably accept it. But fifteen thousand? That's nuts.
    to put things in perspective a single plant can produce quite a few seeds.....you could prolly hit 15,000 in under 20 stalks if they are large ones.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silenceisgod View Post

Please take a minute to report him, enough should at least get him suspended.
    What ever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt?
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two cents...

I personally would not buy from this or any other person overseas because I could not in good conscience do so knowing I am not doing so legally on my side. The transaction would never get so far as to question whether or not the seller actually collected them legally.

I think if we all take care of our own ***** when it comes to right and wrong, the wrong will have much less opportunity for enterprise.

Not directed towards anyone, just my two cents.
    Last edited by dashman; 07-21-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you don’t like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    What ever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt?
    I'm pretty sure it's beyond reasonable doubt... he SAYS he wild collected them, and he SAYS he'll mark them to fool customs, and the listings themselves of 15,000 seeds shows that he's selling them for personal gain. If that isn't "Guilty", I don't know what is.
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast