What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bog: Fall pics

So I've gotten a few PM from haters calling me a liar, poacher, etc. as it pertains to my LFS collecting. It basically breaks down to people not believing that the landowner actually mows a path through the bog. Well, it just so happens I took some pics today of the most recently mowed paths, and a couple of the area I paid to conserve during the drosera growing season. The dews are done and gone, so my buddy is wanting to redo that section of his path. Hence, the recent "mass" collecting of LFS before mowing day. So not only am I saving the LFS from the mower, but I'm saving the mower from the LFS. Steve says it clogs up his blades something fierce. So say what you will, I'm doing a couple good deeds by collecting all that I can from the path. :lac:

One of these days I'll get dumb enough to take the zip line out to the bog. :rolleyes:

IMG_7728.jpg

And as you can see.. the NorthWest end of the bog trail is freshly mowed as of August. And the LFS is already coming back.

IMG_7702.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

And deeper into the bog, the trail continues. YES,... he mows a cross-country track into his quaking bog!! Why is that so hard to believe?

IMG_7708.jpg

A deer bed off to one side of the trail.

IMG_7712.jpg

The section of the bog trail I payed to have left alone for a few months. This is the area he asked me to clean the LFS off of prior to his mowing.

IMG_7716.jpg

And some pics of what is pouring onto the trail back there.

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7697.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

IMG_7695.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7683.jpg

And yet another YellowJacket's nest off one side of the "soon to-be" path

IMG_7691.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

Last edited:
You monster you...

haha.. I know, right. :rolleyes:

Why doesn't he sell bags on eBay
He could turn a nice profit for doing nothing

Why doesn't he sell bags on eBay
He could turn a nice profit for doing nothing

He doesn't want to clear cut the place.. Just have the stuff removed from the trail. Doesn't want it, or want to do it himself.

There isn't enough demand to clear the whole place
The sphagnum from the trails would be enough to make some money
People sell a zip lock bag for 10 bucks

There isn't enough demand to clear the whole place
The sphagnum from the trails would be enough to make some money
People sell a zip lock bag for 10 bucks

You trying to put me out of business or what? :rolleyes:

I do.. check the other forums duder. ;)

Well use teh eBay you get more people

Mah momma says that eBay is the devil..

Wow.. that's so awesome.. No wonder you always have such awesome moss! Lucky! And look at all that red stuff. :drool:

Ebay may be the devil... but then there's Etsy :D

Back