Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "In situ" of the month: December

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @DJ: thanks much. nice shot of the flower. i was gonna submit a flower shot myself, but then, nahhhhh.......

i hear darlingtonia look their best around august or september. when i went in june, the plants were still flowering, and most leaves were in development, still bright green with no red coloration. the ones that were fully colored were ones that were left over and looked battered by the previous winter.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    @DJ: thanks much. nice shot of the flower. i was gonna submit a flower shot myself, but then, nahhhhh.......

i hear darlingtonia look their best around august or september. when i went in june, the plants were still flowering, and most leaves were in development, still bright green with no red coloration. the ones that were fully colored were ones that were left over and looked battered by the previous winter.
    Thanx, ever once in a while I get a decent shot. Love pictures of sarr flowers, would love to see yours.

August? I was thinking I would go in July, but may have to re-think that, especially if we have another late summer like this year. I have a backpacking trip planned in September, so may be hard to get the time off work in August. I do want to get pics of their large pitchers when they are fresh though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My trip took me there in April and can concur many had not even begun to flower yet let lone develop their full pitchers....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarracenia purpurea from Caroline County, VA. Most of the plants from this site are dead from herbicide spraying now.

Large by Wire Man, on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. capillaris, Jasper Co, S.C. Taken in March 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12