What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

croatan national forest album 4

Site 2

lSkJO.jpg

xM0fU.jpg

hu5o7.jpg

7dsOY.jpg

rSweu.jpg

Qz9sU.jpg

Q5ZDW.jpg

7dYIj.jpg

sb8hP.jpg

small fungi:

DidUy.jpg

i5zut.jpg

ABqJV.jpg

ZxBpk.jpg

Site 3

lYu1c.jpg

P7BIZ.jpg

oANQN.jpg

HFMIf.jpg

eGKro.jpg

JbRMY.jpg

S. X catesbaei:

5f0Lw.jpg

6bjRu.jpg

h8kck.jpg

St66i.jpg

pdYE1.jpg

tVRRU.jpg

ce89j.jpg

YHpkH.jpg

34EGu.jpg

UuLU8.jpg

NB2bC.jpg

8YShf.jpg

R8onG.jpg

wqLFl.jpg

UZOLM.jpg

mhPaY.jpg

bLn43.jpg

MDn0K.jpg

qUmu1.jpg

P7Q7V.jpg

uvAja.jpg

rAIRG.jpg

dUTOs.jpg

Ati9F.jpg

urmOP.jpg

Gs8m1.jpg

et5BC.jpg

k1zOg.jpg

qhRW7.jpg

4gmkN.jpg

eftcl.jpg

U7MAB.jpg

9wpLi.jpg

Vf261.jpg

Close-ups:

lYgxj.jpg

JzKVK.jpg

EkFaO.jpg

Y1Rg7.jpg

XteTf.jpg

wOBR7.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Love it! I can't wait to go back in a few weeks! We'll have to try and make a trip this summer. Maybe get a few other cper's to tag along. I've got a place that we can stay in Atlantic Beach and I know of a few more sites that I would like to explore. Glad you had a good time.

Love it! I can't wait to go back in a few weeks! We'll have to try and make a trip this summer. Maybe get a few other cper's to tag along. I've got a place that we can stay in Atlantic Beach and I know of a few more sites that I would like to explore. Glad you had a good time.

I might meet up also if I can find time. This will probably be the busiest summer of my life. Nice photos!

I think I'm going to talk with everyone that has expressed interest individually and try and determine a week or so that everyone thinks they can meet up and then we could possibly carpool to the Croatan/Wilmington area and stay somewhere down there, probably my condo unless someone has a better suggestion. I am currently trying to obtain my collection permits for Croatan. So maybe this could also become a collection trip! ***Fingers crossed***

Not interested in collecting anything unless requested, necessary, and permitted. Some powerline disturbance and prescribed burns benefit those plants. Have you contacted them regarding herbicide applications or something? I would not take plant materials from any land (private or public) without permissions from land owners and without a pertinent reason for it.

Last edited:
yea i contacted them about the herbicide still talking to them about it.

I'm interested in a trip like this, but not collecting plants, it is just my opinion, I think this is like "poaching" in a legal way. I think the idea here is to conserve the place so that the next future CP'ers generations to come have the opportunity to enjoy CP's in their natural habitat just like I did.
What I would love to do instead, is to clear some of the non-carnivorous plants so that the CP's can take over the area quickly and grow better! :)

We should definitely arrange to meet for a trip like this, maybe contact each other a month before the trip and make sure this trip comes into effect.
July sounds like the perfect month! ;)
Hope to hear from others!

I'm interested in a trip like this, but not collecting plants, it is just my opinion, I think this is like "poaching" in a legal way. I think the idea here is to conserve the place so that the next future CP'ers generations to come have the opportunity to enjoy CP's in their natural habitat just like I did.
What I would love to do instead, is to clear some of the non-carnivorous plants so that the CP's can take over the area quickly and grow better! :)

We should definitely arrange to meet for a trip like this, maybe contact each other a month before the trip and make sure this trip comes into effect.
July sounds like the perfect month! ;)
Hope to hear from others!

I enjoy seeing how plants in the wild dwarf plants in cultivation. Plants in their native habitats began my passion into growing them at home. I want future generations to observe their fury and wonder. My spring summer is already full. PM dates. I will try. Thanks for posting.

i agree with you guys on the collection aspect it was more that I have seen herbicide damage at this site before and I have also seen it slowly declining in population size and I don't want the genetic pool to be lost. once I figure out my summer schedule i'll pm everyone with possible dates.

I need to get permits to collect samples of some of that Sphagnum....

here here to that Graham

Awesome pics. Count me in, I'd love to go.

Nice pics. Don't know what to think about the collection part of it :scratch:... That should be a last option for conservation purposes if the destruction of the site is inevitable after trying to work it out with the power company, with the primary purpose to save genetic material and not for adding to personal plant collections. Can be a tough call though

Nice pics. Don't know what to think about the collection part of it :scratch:... That should be a last option for conservation purposes if the destruction of the site is inevitable after trying to work it out with the power company, with the primary purpose to save genetic material and not for adding to personal plant collections. Can be a tough call though

You know how meticulously I keep my collection, primarily for conservation purposes, like the purp seedlings. Speaking of which, the herbicided seeds from Reedy Creek germinated! Hopefully I can get the seedlings to flower by next year so we can keep the genotype going.

Back