Site 3

S. X catesbaei:

Close-ups:

Thanks for looking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it! I can't wait to go back in a few weeks! We'll have to try and make a trip this summer. Maybe get a few other cper's to tag along. I've got a place that we can stay in Atlantic Beach and I know of a few more sites that I would like to explore. Glad you had a good time.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmcnair View Post
    Love it! I can't wait to go back in a few weeks! We'll have to try and make a trip this summer. Maybe get a few other cper's to tag along. I've got a place that we can stay in Atlantic Beach and I know of a few more sites that I would like to explore. Glad you had a good time.
    I might meet up also if I can find time. This will probably be the busiest summer of my life. Nice photos!
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to talk with everyone that has expressed interest individually and try and determine a week or so that everyone thinks they can meet up and then we could possibly carpool to the Croatan/Wilmington area and stay somewhere down there, probably my condo unless someone has a better suggestion. I am currently trying to obtain my collection permits for Croatan. So maybe this could also become a collection trip! ***Fingers crossed***
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not interested in collecting anything unless requested, necessary, and permitted. Some powerline disturbance and prescribed burns benefit those plants. Have you contacted them regarding herbicide applications or something? I would not take plant materials from any land (private or public) without permissions from land owners and without a pertinent reason for it.
    Last edited by DroseraBug; 03-27-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i contacted them about the herbicide still talking to them about it.
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in a trip like this, but not collecting plants, it is just my opinion, I think this is like "poaching" in a legal way. I think the idea here is to conserve the place so that the next future CP'ers generations to come have the opportunity to enjoy CP's in their natural habitat just like I did.
    What I would love to do instead, is to clear some of the non-carnivorous plants so that the CP's can take over the area quickly and grow better!

We should definitely arrange to meet for a trip like this, maybe contact each other a month before the trip and make sure this trip comes into effect.
    July sounds like the perfect month!
    Hope to hear from others!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jht-union View Post
    I'm interested in a trip like this, but not collecting plants, it is just my opinion, I think this is like "poaching" in a legal way. I think the idea here is to conserve the place so that the next future CP'ers generations to come have the opportunity to enjoy CP's in their natural habitat just like I did.
    What I would love to do instead, is to clear some of the non-carnivorous plants so that the CP's can take over the area quickly and grow better!

We should definitely arrange to meet for a trip like this, maybe contact each other a month before the trip and make sure this trip comes into effect.
    July sounds like the perfect month!
    Hope to hear from others!
    I enjoy seeing how plants in the wild dwarf plants in cultivation. Plants in their native habitats began my passion into growing them at home. I want future generations to observe their fury and wonder. My spring summer is already full. PM dates. I will try. Thanks for posting.
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast