What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICPS grant

Hi Folks:

We received word the other day that Meadowview has been awarded a conservation grant of $2800 from the ICPS that will be applied to the balance on our Central Virginia Preserve note. The ICPS grant will cut in half the remaining balance leaving only $2800 to pay off. I would like both Meadowview and ICPS members to consider this a challenge as we work to pay off this land.

The goal of the Central Virginia Preserve is to preserve and restore the northern-most pitcher plant bog in Virginia, and protect a state threatened plant species (the New Jersey Rush, Juncus caesariensis) and globally rare gravel bog. The Central Virginia Preserve involves the acquisition of a series of properties behind Meadowview headquarters. Details can be found in both 2009 and 2012 newsletters at www.pitcherplant.org and is augmented by video links on Your Tube and banner options.

Thank you ICPS!!!

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Cool,that"s good to hear!

One step closer to getting the gravel bog back to its natural state, or as close as possible. I can't wait to see what happens once the hardwoods are out.

Great news Phil :) I've enjoyed the newer videos

Hi Folks:

More news. An Australian group is raising funds to match the ICPS grant. Looks like we will pay off the note on the 3 acres shortly and will continue raising money to buy the Gatewood/Wilson tract with VLCF match money.

Rich, glad you like the videos. More to come.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Thats great news! I will definitely remember to donate soon. Good luck in your conservation efforts!

Hi Folks:

Received donation of $2054.96 from Adam Cross and a group of Australian donors towards the Central Virginia Preserve note. This comes close to matching the recent International Carnivorous Plant Society donation and leaves us a balance of only $734.85! Keep those preserve donations coming.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Back