Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Harvesting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harvesting?

I'm not much of much of an ebay user, but are plants like these being harvested from bogs?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-seven-y...item2c73655dbd

I'm not trying to accuse the seller, I'm just curious of this is an example of poaching of wild pitcher plants. Or maybe I'm way off base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some ragged looking purpurea... They build suspicion though. Let's wait for others to chime in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first one looks sun-starved, the second looks....I dunno. As for the tincture: what the.......?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I am selling freshly harvested large carnivorous sarracenia purpurea plants in a pot. Each plant has a full, strong root system.Plants come with a free tincture that I made from the pitcher plant using the folk method. These plants pack a whopping power punch medicinally. They are anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsant, anti-naseual as well as mildly euphoric and tranquilizing. Instructions on tincture use included" Look at the description, freshly harvested Sarracenia purpurea. And wtf is the tincture? I have never heard of it before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodkoalie View Post
    "I am selling freshly harvested large carnivorous sarracenia purpurea plants in a pot. Each plant has a full, strong root system.Plants come with a free tincture that I made from the pitcher plant using the folk method. These plants pack a whopping power punch medicinally. They are anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsant, anti-naseual as well as mildly euphoric and tranquilizing. Instructions on tincture use included" Look at the description, freshly harvested Sarracenia purpurea. And wtf is the tincture? I have never heard of it before.
    I think it would be worth asking the seller directly "harvested from WHERE?"

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, no use asking us. Ask the seller. Seller states it is a seven year old plant. Was the seller monitoring a natural bog for at least seven years to know how old the plant was?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harvested plants and snake oil? Nice.