Dear Friends of Hofmann Forest,
You probably heard the news that on Tuesday the Wake County Superior Court Judge denied our request for an injunction against the sale of Hofmann Forest. That was a tough loss, but it doesn't stop our case, it just means that there is a chance that NCSU could try to execute the sale while our lawsuit is still going on.
Wednesday, however, our luck suddenly improved dramatically, when an anonymous tipster sent us a copy of the Hofmann LLC prospectus for potential investors. Hofmann LLC is the shell corp that the Walker Group organized to make the bid for Hofmann, and apparently this document is what they were using to look for additional money.
You'll be blown away - by how right we all were to stand up and fight against this sale!!! You can also read about it on the News & Observer Website. http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/11/...plans-for.html
. There should be stories on the 6 o'clock news on WRAL and other media outlets in the coming days.
Here's what they say is in the works for Hofmann:
1. 9000 acres to be developed along US 17, including over 8000 homes and 2 million square feet of office space
2. 45,000 acres of farms to be cleared within 10 years - on "virgin organic soils"
3. possibilities for major military installations, airfields, etc
4. possibilities for mining and dirt harvesting
We think there is going to rightfully be a media firestorm over this discovery. And we need your help to make sure it gets the NCSU and CNR/NRF leadership shaking in their boots now that their lies have been fully exposed (see the list of lies made by NCSU, Watzin, et al. below).
Three crucial things you can do:
1. Share this story about the prospectus on your own Facebook or other social media accounts, and email it directly to anyone who might share our concerns - include the link to the petition as well:
2. Watch for news articles as they appear, and respond vigorously and often, via letters to the editor and online comments. For example, the News and Observer is using Facebook now for its online comments section, and they have had a few stories go viral - let's make this one of them!!!
3. Write or call the NCSU Board of Trustees directly and ask that the administrators involved in organizing and approving the Hofmann sale be held accountable for intentionally misleading all of us about the sale terms and about the future of Hofmann Forest - tell them (quite truthfully) this is a much, much bigger deal than the Mary Easley scandal of a few years ago.
4. Like Us On Facebook for instant updates! --> https://www.facebook.com/SaveHofmannForest
You can find their emails and phone #'s here, contact as many as you can:
More on-the-ground protests may be in the works, so stay tuned. We can't let them get away with this, not now when we know what is truly at stake for Hofmann Forest.
Thank you for all of the energy you can throw into stopping the sale, we couldn't do it without your help!