What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog destruction

I know that there is absolutely no way to save all the bogs or even most, but I think that if you know of a bog with cp's you shouldn't wait until construction starts.  But you should try and get it protected right then.  Maybe convince your highschool to buy it for biology classes.  Or try and talk the officials at city hall that the bog could become a tourist attraction and a nice place for nature walks.  Convince someone that the bog will benefit them in some way or another.  Persuade them in the best way you can.

And oh yeah.  Don't try to sound like a tree hugger.  You won't get as much respect if you try to sound concerned about it not obsessed.
I'm not trying to say you guys are obsessed or anything like that it is just how i am
to eat a duck you must kill the duck

Just one sentence....

Of all the possible places in the world....why build a store on an area like this....the wildlife value was probably enormous compared to say....the run down parts of a city.

But who wants to build in the middle of a rundown city? It's much cheaper to build on land that hasn't been built on before. That way you can choose the best location for your business and you don't have to worry about the inner city crime.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Of all the possible places in the world....why build a store on an area like this....the wildlife value was probably enormous compared to say....the run down parts of a city.

The answer to your question is the almighty dollar. The builder is going to build where he can make the most money.

Someone DARE destroy a bog.??? Bogs are cool. (stinky too.) And they house CP's. My eye is twitching. I'm getting angry.:angry: Pretty soon my
blues.gif
Low profile clothes will be ripped off as my huge muscles bulge. you see, i am a super hero. I am CAPTAIN DROSERA. That's why I have to keep a low
blues.gif
profile.
-The Cap.

*Leaps into a dark alleyway and onto a tall building dissapearing into the night. muhahahahaha*

Arrrgh... Dumb people! At least here in Michigan most of what's left of the Bogs here are strickly protected
biggrin.gif
. They're even making a wetland reconstruction right across my neighborhood! It's a really big project and looks pretty cool it's like 50+ acers at least, wonder if there's any carnivorous plants growing in there...The only plants that would grow in Michigan are the S. Purpurea and some droseras I think.

Back