Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No laws to protect pitcher plants in nfld

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of quick thoughts on this.

As a general rule, all provincial flowers are protected (confirming that as we speak), just not well enforced (lack of staffing, really isolated locations etc.)

goldtrap (please don't take offence) I had to chuckle about this one "too bad since this plant represents canada". It's a big country and cp's only grow in few very small portions of it.

On the protected topic though, I can't speak for the rest of the provences, but I do know that in British Columbia any collecting of wild plants not on private property is a really big no no weither the plants are protected or not. Again though there is the problem with staffing for officials and the remoteness of many locations.
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this guide to local flora and fauna for BC and it says there are some Pinguicula vulgaris and Drosera rotundifolia in the area.
    Living in Beautiful BC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That there are, my sister and I used to swim in a lake whose edges were teaming with dews. She went back there this summer and apparantly they are all gone... no clear reason why.

Just an update on the NFD laws, you got me thinking and it occured to me that it has been quite a few years since I looked into anything similar to this and the laws may have changed so I put in a few calls and emails yesterday. When I hear back I'll let you know.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but I haven't had much time to respond to this or some of the other topics.
    Maehem, have you heard anything about the laws of BC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't heard back yet (wasn't expecting to till sometime next week) I will let all know as soon as I hear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12