Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crestview cp site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The information you will want in connection with these plants is:

Sarracenai rubra ssp. gulfensis, Crestview, FL., Okaloosa County, Radio Tower site.

Barry is correct. There is an infestation of xyra moths in these plants due to the lack of any recent fires. I will do my best to clean them before shipping. Look for continued activity as it takes two years from them to complete their cycle. I have crush the buggers on mine rather than risk a incesticide application especially since these are very stressed already.

Thanks Nick I am a pro at shipping and there is a P.O. at the end of the street. They know me by name. LOL
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly what i was looking for. the envelope with shipping $ will be in the mail before i skip town tomorrow.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who do receive plants from this once-incredible site (sigh), here are the coordinates:

30 degrees 42.679 North
    086 degrees 34.290 West
    Growing CP since 1975. Succeeding (more or less) since 1990.

Sarracenia & Heliamphora Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know how do people get away with this. dont they realize that they are destroying every where that plants grow or once grew eventually leading to nothing at all. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the goverment still does not do nearly enough to protect the plants. These things need to be covered with the bond issue. Each areas wild animal and plant life needs to be checked with the suveying, but that will not happen unless it is forced. Great Job Brooks, an appreciative hand to you. Jim and Jay!
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is a bit late but a friend has offered to recieve payments through his PayPal for the shipping. Send $4.50 here if you like.

cjoseforders@earthlink.net
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you have to do is look at what they are doing with the large sugar plantations and the Everglades here in Fl. and you can realize that protecting the environment is not one of gov. Bush's high priorities. In fact water and air quality has improved recently in Florida because the state redefined what constitutes pollution. On a side note the newspapers are already predicting we are going to screw up the election again just like in 2000. The new voting machines apparently malfunction fairly regularly and leave no paper trail for "recounts", but at least there won't be any hanging chads. Rumor also has it that gov. Jeb plans to run for president in 2008.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will miss visiting the Radio Tower site.

My parents once lived in Crestview and I had several occasions to visit them there, while, of course, scouting around to observe local CP populations including the Radio Tower site.

I don't expect there will ever be an end to how we humans have our way with our fellow creatures to their detriment. What a shame. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks guys for trying to save those you could.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast