Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Crestview cp site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some information on the Economic Development Council of Okaloosa County, FL.

This link takes you to their Greenway Initiative. Looks like they forgot to do their job.
    http://www.florida-edc.org/GreenwayInitiative.html

I am going to take a wild guess and say since this wasn't on military land or non-profit land, it wasn't protected under this Initiative.
    Nick

Careful where you crawl, it might be a trap!

http://www.carnivorium.com
    http://www.buckeyecarnivores.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is a shame poor cps [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for going out there and rescuing as much as possible.

Does anyone have a before picture they can post to commemorate the site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As sad as it is that this site is destroyed, I am pleased to say that when the call went out. Soo many stepped up to the plate that the babies had homes in about one hour!! Now that is the way it should work, and I am pleased that all that responded had the chance to get in on this emergency rescue. Make sure all plants are tagged and all location data is accurate. ICPS ands NASC seed banks will be pleased to receive our seed with locale data. I have also posted the sites demise on the CPUK Forum too. All must know the destruction of our lands and streams, and the direction the world is headed if we don't stop now!

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ July 23 2004,10:15)]Make sure all plants are tagged and all location data is accurate
    Thanks for the reminder to do this Bugweed. I've committed to accepting these plants and ensuring propagation. Location data is an important reminder of what has been lost in a specific area and for what reasons.

We need to remember that, while this is important to us, non-enthusiasts see these sites are nothing more than glorified, mosquitoe infested swamp land. When given an opportunity, we should point out that the 'developed' area, which is more likely to be a reflection of our gluttony and selfishness v. human need (Mickey Ds v. habitat for humanity), once contained a unique creation now lost forever.

Show a 'condo hugger' what they lost, what replaced it, and urge them to use birth control.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to know something about the care of these plants. My concern is that Virginia weather ain't Florida! I don't know where Crestview is or much about the conditions there but I would expect the winters are a lot milder or even warm? So wouldn't I need to take extra care that these plants do not freeze? My other sarras stay outside year 'round and take whatever weather comes and they do fine. But I can certainly provide different care for these plants if they need it. I have a basement with plant lighting where they would be cool but not cold.

Any expert guidance on what conditions these plants would prosper in?

Thanks!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm assuming they are all gone?

I would have/still am, interested.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an update:
    I have finished the last of the packing and shipping. That is the last of them. Thank you everyone who requested to take these orphaned plants in and give them a good home. I am sorry if you had wanted some of these plants and did not get any. I will return your shipping fee. I changed the plan and only sent two plants pre box as so many folks wanted them and I felt this still gave everyone two different clone with which to cross and make seed. This experience has been a very bright spot in dark situtation. I appreicate all the kind words and generosity. I was overwhelmed by the response and pleased at the same time. I think if this is any indication of what is possible through the NASC, then we can do great things. Over 140 plants were shipped out to 70 individuals and Nature Centers across the US. Kudoos to you all!
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast